2 questions

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Andrew_C, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

I'm almost ready to go live with the new site in Subrion. Very exciting!

2 questions:

1) Paypal plugin:
    a) After payment, at least in the sandbox, there is no notification to the user that anything happened, the browser just returns to the web site home page. Is there supposed to be an acknowledgement that a payment was processed?
    b) The PayPal screen that takes the PayPal account information states that the order details will be available before payment but they don't seem to ever be displayed. Is this a function of the sandbox only?

2) I want to remove the member's balance tab from the Profile page. Is there a way to do that in the Dashboard or will I need to edit the template file? If the latter, could someone give me an idea of what I need to do?

Thanks!!

Andrew
  2. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

Anyone have thoughts on either or both of these questions?
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @Andrew_C

Oops. Pardon, I somehow missed this thread.

AFAIK the email should be sent to the payer. If not we will check the functionality and make sure the notifications are sent. Also there is an invoices section on the site, and the invoice becomes paid.

Not sure, what you're talking about. Please share screenshots.

Sorry, the only way is to edit profile.tpl file. You need to copy it from templates/common/ folder to templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/ folder. and edit. Get rid of this code:

Code (Text):

{if $plans_count}
    {capture append='tabs_content' name='member_balance'}
    <div class="fieldset-wrapper"> <div class="fieldset">{if $item.funds}
    <h3 class="title">{lang key='member_balance'}: {$item.funds|string_format:'%d'} {$config.currency}</h3>{else}
    <p class="alert alert-info">{lang key='no_funds'}</p>{/if}
    {preventCsrf}
    <div class="actions"><button type="button" class="btn btn-primary btn-plain" id="js-add-funds">{lang key='add_funds'}</button></div>{ia_add_media files='js:frontend/member-balance'}
    </div> </div>{/capture}
    {/if}

4. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

Vasily,

1) I'll get back to you if the functionality in PayPal for notifying via email doesn't work,
    2) I'll take a screen shot of what I mean if it is still a problem in the live PayPal
    3) I was easily able to get rid of member balance in the profile per your insight above.

Thanks!
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

6. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

Vasily:

I just added a new post regarding 3.3.0 before I remembered that we had a thread going on a related topic. The new post says...

"I just upgraded from 3.2.7 to 3.3.0 and have encountered a couple serious problems:
    1) In the admin panel, all the links except for "Dashboard" in the menu on the left hand side of the screen (Members, Content, Plugins, etc) are gone.
    2) the site has problems loading up some images in blocks and displays messages such as {block_content_blc26}.
    If this takes time to resolve, I need to know how to roll back to 3.2.7.
    Thanks for any help!"

Also, assuming we can get things working correctly in 3.3.0, will the enhanced PayPal plugin be available soon?

Thanks,

Andrew
  7. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

I also just noticed that the title on each page (Contact Us, About, etc) is missing.
  8. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

Sorry to keep commenting before you have a chance to respond but in the admin panel, when you look at the "inspect element" there is only one entry in the <UL> block in nav-main:

<ul class="nav-main">
    <li class="current active">
    <a href="http://www.ihsalumniassociation.com/admin/" class="dashboard" data-toggle="nav-sub-dashboard">
    <i class="i-gauge"></i>
    Dashboard
    </a>
    </li>
    </ul>
  9. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

OK, unless I figure out how to fix any of the problems, this is my last post on the current issues :)

Since I have made a few changes to various scripts, typically suggestions from the Subrion team, I did not check the Force upload checkbox in the upgrade process. Consequently, there are a few files that came back with errors in the log (see below). Here are the files from the 3 recent upgrades. I'm happy to try to upload the new versions of the scripts and redo any necessary changes but I'm not quite sure where to find them.

3.2.5 -> 3.2.6
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: admin/templates/default/templates.tpl (seems modified). Skipped
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: includes/classes/ia.core.view.php (seems modified). Skipped

3.2.6 -> 3.2.7
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: front/members.php (seems modified). Skipped
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: includes/classes/ia.core.view.php (seems modified). Skipped

3.2.7 -> 3.3.0
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: admin/templates/default/templates.tpl (seems modified). Skipped
    ERROR The checksum is not equal: front/registration.php (seems modified). Skipped
  10. Andrew_C

Andrew_C New Member

OK, things seem to be better now (don't you love problems that are fixed before you can respond!). I found the three files that seem to be causing a problem on Github and copied them over to my server. The only one I didn't copy over is front/members.php. I'll probably do that then try to figure out/remember what was changed and make the adjustments to the new script.

For future reference, is is safer to not check the FORCE question in the upgrade process then use the log to figure out which files are different (ie my modifications) then go back and fix things? Does that make any sense?

Still looking for insight into the upgraded PayPal plugin...

Thanks!