4.2.1 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by jmonroe, Jun 19, 2018.

1. jmonroe

jmonroe New Member

I logged in to the dashboard and saw that there is an update available. I did the update from 4.2.0.10 to 4.2.1 however, the notification will not go away stating:
    Upgrade patch to version 4.2.1 is available. In order to upgrade please follow this link.

Wanted to make this known as it must be a bug in that it's versioning isn't modified in a file somewhere maybe.
  2. jmonroe

jmonroe New Member

Okay...when the upgrade is performed and index.php.420 is created based on index.php, the line define('IA_VERSION', '4.2.0.10'); remains and needs to be manually changed to define('IA_VERSION', '4.2.1'); in order for the upgrade message to no longer display.
  3. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @jmonroe,

I've rechecked our latest upgrade patch and it works correctly.
    The reason your index.php file was not updated is it was modified and checksum check failed. You can see upgrade log in /uploads folder

Thanks.
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  4. jmonroe

jmonroe New Member

So if that is the case (haven't checked yet) since I've just manually updated my file after attempting the upgrade, what is the correct fix? Or are you saying now, the patch is fixed and working as before when I attempted, it was not fixed.
  5. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Yes, if you have replaced failed file manually it should be OK.

Thanks.
  6. jmonroe

jmonroe New Member

Okay. Thanks for the information.
  7. Mayid

Mayid New Member

Hi, I have version 4.1.5 and I want to update it to 4.2 but I am afraid of losing all the data that I have uploaded.