500 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by godswillkoko, Mar 7, 2015.

1. godswillkoko

godswillkoko New Member

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version, extracted it to my WAMP WWW folder and its giving me this error

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.9 (Win64) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80

My server mod-rewrite is on & i did not touch the htaccess file in the directory.

What can i do? I've not even installed it yet
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

Welcome to our user forums. Could you please post your apache error_log here? Please clarify if you're redirected to install/ url when you open your url.
    Thanks
  3. godswillkoko

godswillkoko New Member

No. It does not redirect me to the /install url. I even point the browser to /install the same thing happens.
    Here is the Apache error below:

[Sun Mar 08 14:21:45.409775 2015] [core:alert] [pid 7288:tid 976] [client ::1:54714] C:/wamp/www/subrion/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AddOutputFilterByType', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
  4. godswillkoko

godswillkoko New Member

And for the record, mod_deflate module which the .htaccess file is calling is on
  5. godswillkoko

godswillkoko New Member

Hi Vasily,
    I just turned off my mod_deflate, & everything is working fine.
    I believe turning it off is a bad idea(though it worked). Meaning that text, html, xml, javascript, etc will not get compressed. :(
  6. Vasily_B.

7. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

This issue is to be fixed in Subrion 3.3.5.
  8. Vasily_B.

Thanks Janur.
  9. webmaster_85158

webmaster_85158 New Member

Hi Vasily, our website has been down for a few weeks because of this (randomly happened as it was working fine before).
    I've just tried a clean install by uploading the new version 3.3.5.

Unfortunately, I get the exact same 500 error and cannot access the installer.

Looking at the logs, I see the only HTTP 200 's occurred for robots.txt

By the way, it's running on a shared host as an add-on domain so the context of the directory is one above root - at /public_html/www.example.com/

Where /public_html/ is running another website with it's own .htaccess

Help please?
  10. Vasily_B.

Greetings,

Yep, sure. Please send us your FTP details and we will check what's wrong there. 500 means server error so it's pretty hard to predict without debug or error_log data.
    You can submit a ticket so we could check this for you.

Thanks!
  11. FatallNoA

FatallNoA New Member

Many hosts servers are suPHP mode and is not supported by the installation php_flag directives, php_admin_flag, php_value and others,
    that alter any settings PHP environment.
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  12. Vasily_B.

Thanks @FatallNoA Anyhow, I guess they still provide a way use a custom php settings for the installation. At least minor changes can be updated.
    In order to fix 500 error we'd need to know error_log file contents.