A few questions E-Commerce system.

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Packages Discussions' started by wazza, Aug 29, 2014.

1. wazza

wazza Member

Hi guys. while working on my MyStore package i started thinking weather it would be a good idea or not to allow (Members) to add their own products for sale through the system?

If i do do this i will make it a configuration option.

What do you think?

Would really like to ask for some input from the subrion community about features they would like to see in the system.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Quentin,

Yes, I think it's a crucial feature to allow members to list their products for sale. Otherwise, it's going to be useless as we already have shopping cart plugin, and it allows products to be created by administrator.
    I think another important feature is the search filters, that would allow to make your results more narrow. Like ebay does.
  3. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Vasily,
    Thanks for the input.
    The plan was to have this as one part of the package which i want to include a full featured Invoicing Billing and Quotation system as well.
    I have added basic filtering based on category. But will need a better understanding on the best way to filter results.
  4. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

If you include invoicing you are opening up a world of grief for yourself. Just look at the ever changing EU rules on invoicing....
    Also, make sure you can show product prices both including and excluding tax (vat) and the vat-rate (which differs for each product/ EU country!)
  5. wazza

wazza Member

At the moment it will handle GST (Australia and New Zealand) with Australia at 10% and New Zealand at 12.5% i think.

Ill have to look into the VAT as never had to deal with it. Think i might keep this pretty basic if there are going to be to many issues.

May just have to create a plugin for that section if it is changing all the time that way i wont have to release a new package version each time there is an update.

Thanks for the input and ill have to think abit harder about this.
  6. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

You will need to set the system up for VAT in such a way that the user can fill in the various vat rates for the particular country he/she lives in, and the system takes it from there.. These vary quite considerably between the different EU countries. You will also need to make this an editable field, as many EU governments tinker with VAT rates on budget day and change them.
    As far as I know, the EU is also (going to?) demanding that both the price excluding and including VAT is visible to the customer, so that the customer knows exactly how much VAT is involved. For an invoice to be EU compatible it must show prices without vat, the vat rate and the all inclusive vat. It must also give a VAT summary at the bottom of an invoice, detailing how much VAT for each vat category is being charged, and the sum total of all vat categories. Best thing to do is to download a free trial version of Quickbooks (UK version), create a company, a few vat rates, a few products and then an invoice. That printed invoice will give you everything you need to know about the structure of a proper VAT invoice. Enjoy!