Add type property directly without restarting the script package.

Discussion in 'Real Estate Classifieds Script' started by olairmarcos, May 17, 2016.

1. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

I need to add an type property to choose without having to reinstall the real estate package script. (mytype||MyType)

<field item="estates" group="realestate_general" name="type" type="combo" page="realestate_index,realestate_comparison,view_member,realestate_add,realestate_view,realestate_edit,favorites,advsearch"
    values="apartment||Apartment,beach||Beach Property,bed-breakfast||Bed and Breakfast,bungalow||Bungalow,cottage||Cottege/Cabin,castle||Castle,chateau||Chateau,coastal||Coastal Property,condo||Condo,condo-hotel||Condo Hotel,duplex||Duplex,farm-ranch||Farm/Ranch,guest-house||Guest House,hotel||Hotel,house||House,inn-lodge||Inn/Lodge,island||Island,loft||Loft,mobile-home||Mobile Home,office-space||Office Space,plantation||Plantation,resort||Resort,single||Single Family Home,store-front||Store Front,town-house||Town House,villa||Villa,warehouse||Warehouse,mytype||MyType"
    searchable="1" required="1" editable="0" relation="parent">Property Type</field>

Is there a way to add option directly in the database? Which would be the correct steps. I can not lose the ads already registered on the site.

Thanks for listening.
  2. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

I tried to Real Estates package add to My Type option in the (field item=estates, field item=bedrooms, field item=bathrooms, field item=built_year), in the file install.xml and changed the version of Real Estates package can upgrade the package, but it did not work. The My Type option does not appear in the list when I add a new estate.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you for your help.
  3. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @olairmarcos ,

You can easily add property type value via Subrion Admin Panel -> Real Estate -> Listings Fields -> check (tick) the field with Title = Property Type -> click on Edit button -> click on 'Add Item Value' button and fill the Key and Item Value fields at the bottom of the page -> click on 'Save' button.
    That's it!

Please look at attached screenshot file for better understanding of this process.

Let me know the result.

Attached Files:

4. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hello @Andrew_G. It is an alternative way. I was trying to add my type, directly in install.xml file, but only takes effect when reinstalled the package again.
    We try to upgrade the package version did not work.
    Thank you for the tip. Good job.
  5. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member