Add venues to more than one category?

Discussion in 'Yellow Pages Script / Local Directory Script' started by Boue, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Boue

Boue New Member

Hello,

Is it possible to add venues to more than one category?

Using the example of your 'locality Doctors' template, or indeed any directory for a particular profession, it would be very helpful if venues (listings) could be submitted to more than one category.

For example with Locality Doctors - many Doctors have expertise in more than one area of medicine.
    Limiting venues (listings) to just one category means this package doesn't really work as a directory for a specific profession.

The functionality would be very similar to in the web directory package which allows listings to be submitted to multiple categories, so should be relatively easy to copy into the 'yellow pages' package.
  2. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @Boue,

Recently we've done quite huge refactoring of the code in our system, that was related to categories.
    We've already added this issue in our todo list: https://projects.intelliants.com/intelliants/yellowpages/issues/13
    Feature will be implemented in one of upcoming releases of Yellow pages script.
    You can track the progress on that page.

Thank you for your reports.
  3. Boue

Boue New Member

Any update on timescale for this?
  4. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

We were planning to release Yellow pages 4.1.1
    but Subrion 4.2 is almost there, so I guess we'll release Yellow pages updated for 4.2
    Anyways, the bug will be fixed after Subrion 4.2 release
    We'll keep you updated.

Thanks.
  5. Boue

Boue New Member

I'd potentially be prepared to pay for this as a MOD, but only if the improvement is added to the Yellow Pages package, rather than just my directory.
    This is because I cannot afford to pay for the MOD to be re-made every time the package version is updated.
  6. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Warm Greetings from Intelliants @Boue!

Sure, once this mod is implemented on your website it will be applied to YP package in general.

Please submit a ticket in our HelpDesk system -> Custom Mods dept. and me or my colleagues will help you asap.
  7. Boue

Boue New Member

OK. I've a number of other support tickets detailing bugs which need resolving first, then I will do this.
    Thank you