Are Google Rich Snippets effective?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vasily B., Oct 24, 2012.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,

We are going to implement Google Rich Snippets in the software and there is an opinion they do positively affect site rank in Google SERPs.

We have improved breadcrumbs in our 2.2.4 version and more changes are coming. Here is the link to check how the page will look like in search engine results pages:
    Google Breadcrumb Snippets

Let us your thoughts and share your experience if you ever used them and had any effect in results pages.

Thanks!
  2. wazza

wazza Member

I have used them for a recipes site. However never put the site live as im still not finished on an import script i was working on.

This was actually why i asked about the skeleton file for the packages as my other plugin was based on wordpress.

The actual hrecipe format is working 100% and i though i would be able to come up with a solution for subrion.

If you load up any of the top recipe sites into the markup tool or even google for a recipe you will notice pictures of certain recipes.

Anyways it is a great idea. May markup options avaliable though.

regards,
    Quentin
  3. ModsGuru

ModsGuru New Member

Hi,

I also used them for a couple websites. Yes, the reviews rich snippets technique looks good in search results. I really think it's a must-have feature for events & reviews plugin.
  4. chrisjohn

chrisjohn New Member

yes, rich snippets are the latest much recognized technique by the Google for the SERP. I recently used and saw good results.
  5. Vasily_B.

Thanks Chris for sharing your experience.
  6. chrish

chrish New Member

Hi when do you think rich snippets will be released ?
    Will they be available in directory listing submission front-end ?
    thanks
  7. Vasily_B.

Hi,

They are implemented by default in our software. We use them for breadcrumbs, reviews, comments.

Let us know if you have any questions.
  8. alastairbrian

alastairbrian New Member

Google rich snippet is very effective especially for e-store websites. Viewers can easily visit the page they are looking for after reading rich snippets. It is highly recommended for e-commerce sites.
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  9. webhostingonedollar

webhostingonedollar New Member

Never be article spin of your website, google read as spam content. $1 web hosting deals content of unique contents.