Banner enable/disable

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by baramister, Jul 13, 2007.

1. baramister

baramister New Member

Hi,
    I think it would be a good feature if it might be possible to enable/disable the banners in admin - banner management system.
    Regards
    John
  2. admin

admin Guest

It would be great if you check our new version ;)

http://www.xooarticles.com/demo/admin/manage-banners.php

Actually this features already presents in our latest version. You can create any type of banners (remote, upload your picture, text, html, javascript, etc) and set positions on pages where they will be displayed
  3. baramister

baramister New Member

Thanks for your response.
    I've realized that in the new version 1.1 there is an integrated banner management system (what I've noticed in my previous post).

Maybe in my previous post I didn't specify exactly what I mean. For example, creating an article or category etc. I've the possibility to select between active and non active. Switch to non active the article or category will not displayed.

However, when I create a banner there is no possibility to switch between enable/disable or active/non-active.

What I miss is a switch/radio button or whatever to temporarily disable a banner. Now the only option is to delete the banner if I want to disable it. Later on I want to enable the banner I've to create it new.

I do hope you've now realized what the feature is I've asked for, because this feature I didn't find in the new version.

Regards
    John
  4. admin

admin Guest

Hi John,
    Yeah, thanks for your explanation. Of course we will do this asap.
  5. baramister

baramister New Member

Thanks, there's no hurry, it was only a suggestion for the next release.
    Regards
  6. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

You can disable banner in 'Manage Banners'. Set checkbox near banner and select 'Disable' in bottom menu.
  7. baramister

baramister New Member

Thanks,
    that's exactly the feature I'm looking for!
    Sorry I didn't found it before. It's a little bit stashed.

Regards
    John
  8. admin

admin Guest

That's ok :) Many people still do not know how powerful our script is

Even me