Banner Plugin

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Eleanna, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

The banner block needs updating. We are running on v 3.3.2, soon hopefully v3.3.3, have downloaded the latest version of the banner plugin but can't create blocks...

Eleanna
  2. bojekki

bojekki New Member

I experience the same problem, using 3.3.3, can't create banner.
  3. rodneyschaap

rodneyschaap New Member

hi I am looking for smarty code to create and show a banner based on your location / ip adres?
    Can anybody help me out?
  4. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @rodneyschaap ,

Please describe your request in more details.
    Also you need to know that if you want to have the banner functionality based on your location / ip address then you'll need to modify not only .tpl (smarty) files. You'll need to modify .php, .html files too.
  5. rodneyschaap

rodneyschaap New Member

Andrew thanks for the info
    The specs for the banner:

Determine the city were the user is using the site.
    Based on that location refer to a location on the webserver e.g. ……\country\city\
    Retrieve banner (e.g. gif/jpg) from that location and show on the screen.
    If there are no banners in that folder go to the default banner folder (e.g…..\ banner\generic\)
    If multiple gif’s are in that folder: Retrieve each interval (e.g. 20 seconds) the next gif.
  6. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @rodneyschaap ,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

We can implement this mod with a small addition: all the users from the same location will see the same cycle of banners.
    I.e. user1 from New York will see banner1.gif, banner2.gif and etc., and if user2 from New York visits the site at the same time then he (user2) will see the same cycle of banners (banner1.gif, banner2.gif and etc.) and if user1 is being displayed banner2.gif when user2 came to site then user2 will be displayed banner2.gif too.
    This mod will cost $100. If you agree with price please submit the ticket in our HelpDesk system -> Custom Modifications dept. and me or my colleagues will help you to implement this mod asap.

Also please clarify what we should do when country is detected and city is not detected (this case will often occur).

Thanks for your interest in our software products!
  7. rodneyschaap

rodneyschaap New Member

Hi Andrew, that sounds good. I will discuss it with my business partner this weekend. I 'll let you know Monday or Tuesday.
  8. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

9. rodneyschaap

rodneyschaap New Member

Hi,

I added some more specifications in the attachment on what to do if the city folder does not contain any banners.

Also I would like to request if you can combine this change with the following request:
    Add an additional page

http://jawyra.com/NL/jawyra1/category/dream/ this should be a copy of

http://jawyra.com/NL/jawyra1/category/rent/ showing the same kind of information except the page only shows houses of the category “dreamhouse”

It propably needs some tpl adjustments, since the database settings are allready correct.

What would it cost to combine it with the other outstanding offer?

Attached Files:

10. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hi @rodneyschaap ,

I've looked through the .pdf file that you sent. And the Banners mod will cost $150.

With respect to 'Dream' page, implementation of this page will cost $50.

If you agree with prices please submit the ticket in our HelpDesk system -> Custom Modifications dept. and me or my colleagues will help you to implement these mods asap.