Blocks in Package Categories

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Packages Discussions' started by ganodan, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ganodan

ganodan New Member

Vasily,

Some time back I asked about blocks (Banners) being added to package categories (Articles) in the same way you can add to pages, ( show only in Health, or Business etc) I know this can be done with eSyndicat directory categories.

At the time you said this was already work in progress and will be released in the next upgrade, is this still the case, and when can we expect this feature be available?

Thanks,
    Dan.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure when this functionality will be completed as we've moved our focused a bit. Sorry, no exact terms at the moment as the team is busy with some other stuff, but you can be sure we won't forget it and we will add it to one of the near releases.

Thanks!
    ganodan likes this.
  3. ganodan

ganodan New Member

Thanks Vasily,

No problem, understand, I know you guy's have been busy, and there is a version upgrade about to happen with eSyndicat that will keep you busy for awhile.

Dan.
  4. ganodan

ganodan New Member

Hi Vasily,

Any progress to this function being added, I am at a crossroad, eSyndicat has had this function for as long as I can recall, and this can be done with Subrion pages, with RSS, this is an important function moving forward in being able to feed relevant content feeds from, or to categories, whether it be from our own site, sub domains, categories or other sites.

Another important function for RSS would be able to create Tag's with RSS capability in the same way as that other platform of Mr A Boon, category & tag function works. Hint, Hint :)

Dan
  5. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @ganodan ,

Unfortunately, we haven't implemented this feature yet. But we have ticket in our Developers System and this feature will be implemented in future. You can track it here: http://dev.subrion.org/issues/1681

I apologize but no exact terms at the moment.
  6. ganodan

ganodan New Member

Thanks Andrew,

I guess I will have to try and use esyndicat as substitute work around, any idea when 3.3 will be released?

Dan.
  7. Vasily_B.

Hi,

eSyndiCat 3.3 still have some minor issues on the list, we are moving very slowly with esyndicat development as subrion development takes our time completely :(
    No exact timeframe, we were absolutely sure we can release esyndicat 3.3 by October, but now we don't have exact deadline. A matter of 2-3 weeks I hope.
  8. ganodan

ganodan New Member

Hi Vasily,

Subrion is a great product, just missing the 2 features mentioned above ;)

Any time frame when this will ready.

Dan
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  9. Vasily_B.

Dan, sorry. I cannot give a deadline for that, too many things to be done. Now the team is focused on subrion 3.2 and once it's released we can get back to new features.

Thanks