Can two domain licence share one database?

Discussion in 'Web Directory Script' started by olusambal, Aug 9, 2017.

1. olusambal

olusambal New Member

I am wondering if its possible to have two web directory websites on two domains both sharing one database. Each website will have different design and admin can assign different blocks to show on different websites and other settings. Can this be possible?
  2. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @olusambal,

It's possible to have several Subrion CMS installations on the same database using different prefixes. For example: 1 Subrion website is installed with prefix sbr415_ and another installled with prefix subr_ etc.
    However if you mean by saying one database to use the same tables for 2 instances, then this will not work.

Thanks.
  3. olusambal

olusambal New Member

I have one domain license for web directory on a website, now I want have another domain license for web directory on another website. But I want both websites to share one database so that a member who registers on one website can login on the other website with the same login credential without registering a second time. Second, one website can be set to show only some sub-categories and some listings from the database. Third, in admin panel for one website admin can create blocks, but the layout.tpl file in one website can be set to show blocks different from the blocks for the other website. The primary purpose is to enable admin manage all listings from one database. Can this be done.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 3:38 AM
  4. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @olusambal,

Sure, all these can be done but as custom modification. If you are interested in this, please submit a ticket in our HelpDesk -> Custom modifications department
    with detailed description of the functionality you want to have, then we can quote this modification for you.

Thank you.