Category is Missing in Version 4.1.3

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by damohs, Apr 5, 2017.

1. damohs

damohs New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have just upgraded from version 4.1.2 to 4.1.3, it was successfully but when I tried to post a new article, there is no option to select Categories, anyone has the same issue or how to solve this issue?
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Thanks for the report. Yes, working on the new version of publishing script. 4.1.3 has a common category abstract class that will be used by all packages with categories. So the changes in the core were released, but they require minor adoptation in packages. We hope to release this today.

Thanks
  3. damohs

damohs New Member

Thanks Vasily_B for the reply, waiting for this release.
  4. damohs

damohs New Member

Hi,

Is there any update for this release?

Regrds,
  5. Vasily_B.

Hello.

Thanks for your patience. Subrion 4.1.3.10 (auto patch) has been released. Publishing package will be updated within 24 hours. Thanks for your patience, and apologizes for the inconvenience.

Thanks
  6. damohs

damohs New Member

Appreciate for you and your team hard work, by the way, I am still waiting for Publishing package.
  7. damohs

damohs New Member

I have updated the package to publishing 4.1.1, it seems to have a bug, article categories is not loaded when we add a new article.
    [​IMG]
  8. Vasily_B.

Hi,

There is no way to upgrade the package. You only need to reinstall it. Please make sure you have 4.1.3.11 core version as the publishing package is only compatible with this version and all new versions

Thanks
  9. damohs

damohs New Member

Reinstall the package means I will loose the content and it happened today to my site, yes you are right after reinstalling the package it's working fine but all articles and categories both are lost, so how we can prevent such cases in the future?

Upgrade option for the package should be considered rather than reinstall the package while the core is automatically upgraded.

Thanks
  10. Vasily_B.

Hi @damohs

Yes, next version will be done via auto updater. Anyhow, you can easily migrate your listings from the backup. It's ALWAYS recommended to make backup of your data before the reinstallation.
    In this case, data can be manually imported in the tables.
    If you have a backup, my colleagues can assist with this.

Thanks