Change 5 row default to 3 in Auto Script

Discussion in 'Auto Classifieds Script' started by Wayne G., Jul 19, 2009.

1. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Hello:
    How do you change the default “All Autos” from the default 5 columns to 3 columns?
    Thanks,

Wayne G.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. dstemper

dstemper Member

Wayne,

It would be under the Edit panel where you input the meta keywords and descriptions. It will be under the Root. I hope that helps.
  3. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Re: Change 5 columns default to 3 in Auto Script

Good evening Dave:
    If I go to “Manage Pages” and select the “All Autos” page to edit I see the referenced Meta data but no input box for column count of results.

If I go to “Configuration” and then Autos, there is a reference for row setting, but it is not for the data results of the “Makes” of cars. So it does not adjust the columns from the default of 5.

I do not see a way to do this within the Subrion Autos Control Panel.

Finally, using Dreamweaver I opened the file “/packages/autos/templates/index.tpl” . There on line 12 is the following:

{html_categories source=$makes type="make" columns=5}

I changed the 5 to 3 and got great joy! The layout is much cleaner and orderly in appearance.

Now if I could change the alphabetical order to vertical rather than horizontal repeating rows it would really be easier on the eyes. That and getting it to automatically include new "Makes" I add into the alphabetical order. :confused:

Wayne G.
  4. dstemper

dstemper Member

Ah ok, I was hoping it was going to be similar to the directory package. I am glad you found the result you were looking for.

Have you seen Shelbyville Mainstreet? Remember that directory using eSyndiCat? I am redoing it with Subrion and so far I am liking the results.
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Categories are always build horizontally. Function that does a job located in the file includes/classes/smarty/plugins/function.html_categories.php
  6. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Re: Change 5 column default to 3 in Auto Script

Hi Dave:
    I have an eSyndiCat site that I am going to rebuild in Subrion also. I really like where they are going with the Subrion script. Subrion has more options, and operating one framework is certainly easier than doing it with 2. My next task is integrating an ecom solution.

Wayne G.