Change Currency

Discussion in 'Auto Classifieds Script' started by carsinyankee, Oct 26, 2015.

1. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

How do I change the default currency? I need to change from USD ($) to Nigerian Naira
    I'll appreciate a response
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @carsinyankee,

To change currency, please go to Admin panel -> click on System tab -> Financial -> Currency
  3. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

When I changed the "USD" to "N" the new currency was added behind the amount (eg 20,000N) instead of in front of the amount (eg N20,000) Is it possible to get other country symbols? like the way we have USD as $
    Dayir_A. likes this.
  4. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

Okay!

for the currency, I was able to figure it out
    Step 1
    REMOVE "USD" at this location Admin panel -> click on System tab -> Financial -> Currency

Step 2
    search for your country currency here http://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_currency.asp

Step 3
    add your country code beside {$item.price} in the files below (eg: ₦{$item.price})
    mashinki\packages\autos\block.sponsored-cars.tpl
    mashinki\packages\autos\view.tpl
    mashinki\packages\autos\block.recent.tpl

works!!!

Attached Files:

Greg and Dayir_A. like this.
  5. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

6. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

@Dayir_A. too bad, the solution for subrion version 3.5 does not seem to work with version 4.0!!! I have tried the same method but didn't get a solution!!! please how do I add my local currency to version 4.0? I'll appreciate a swift response
  7. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

In the future version of subrion, please lets have all the currency as a dropdown selection so we can pick our local currency without going through stress...thank you
  8. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @carsinyankee ,

In 4.0 versions of the Subrion CMS we use the FontAwesome font of 4.4.0 version for different icons display.

You can use it for your currency display. For example, I want to change USD to Russian ruble, in order to do it I'll just need to change the value of the 'Currency' config (in the Subrion Admin Panel -> System -> Financial -> General section) from '$' to
    Code (Text):
    <span class="fa fa-rub"></span>
    I've attached screenshot file for better understanding of this process.

Full list of currency icons can be found here: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ -> Currency Icons section.
    That's it!

Please let me know if you have any further questions or problems.

Attached Files:

9. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

Thanks for your response, first of all, you attached file is different from mine!!!!

Yours is having Subrion Admin Panel -> System -> Financial -> General section BUT MINE ONLY SHOWS

Subrion Admin Panel -> System -> Financial

NOTHING LIKE A "GENERAL SECTION"

Please see attached for a guide

Secondly Fontawesom only consider 26 country's currency!!! My country is not on the list (Nigerian Naira) I think instead of using font awesome, the w3schools currencies should have been considered, they seems to have all currencies (please see list here http://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_currency.asp) and its even easy to install too.

Attached Files:

10. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @carsinyankee ,

As I can see on your screenshot you have General section (it's General).

Most likely the reason of your issue is in the lack of symbol of nigerian naira in the font you're using on your site.

Please try to paste th code below to Currency config in the Subrion Admin Panel -> System -> Financial:
    HTML:
    <span style="font-family:Arial">&#8358;</span>
    Let me know the result.
  11. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

It does't give the correct result eg 1000N instead of N1000 as in the case of $1000 and NOT 1000$

i hope i was able to communicate sir?
  12. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hi @carsinyankee ,

In order to place the currency symbol before price amount in the Autos package you need to:
    1) open the ../packages/autos/includes/classes/ia.front.auto.php and replace the line of code:
    PHP:
    $currencySuffix = ' ' . $currency;
    with this line of code:
    PHP:
    $currencySuffix = $currency . ' ';
    2) replace the line of code (in the same file):
    PHP:
    $item['price'] = $currencyPrefix . number_format($item['price']) . $currencySuffix;
    with this line of code:
    PHP:
    $item['price'] = $currencyPrefix . $currencySuffix . number_format($item['price']);
    Please don't forget to save changes.

That's it!
  13. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

Yes!! This works fine!!!
  14. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

15. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

I just noticed the section for "newly added" is showing more than 5 entries BUT on the demo, its just 5...is there a way I can set it to show only the last 5 cars that was added recently?
  16. carsinyankee

carsinyankee New Member

@Andrew_G.

My logo is also small...I do understand its responsive, but my client wants it increased...any guide on that?
  17. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @carsinyankee ,
    You can easily change the number of cars for the 'Recently Added cars' block in the Subrion Admin Panel -> Autos -> Settings (cogwheel icon at the top) -> change the value of the 'Number of listings in Recent block' config.
    Please try this solution: http://www.subrion.org/forums/threads/bigger-logo.2272/#post-10007