Changing Package/Plugin Icons

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Packages Discussions' started by wazza, Sep 30, 2013.

1. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Guys i have started work on a e-commerce store package for subrion. Is it posssible to change the icons for plugins and packages that are installed? I would like to be able to use custom icons if i can instead of the default blue arrow.

Please see image below.

[​IMG]
    Vasily B. likes this.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Quentin

Are you going to make them for the latest available version 3.0.1? Or you decided to stick to 2.x version. I would not recommend to do that. There is an easy way to insert own images for the latest version. Though we hard-coded most of them in Subrion font. Anyhow, there is still reserved way to add extra icons using CSS.

Thanks and good luck with the new package development. You'll fall in love with 3.x version.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  3. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Vasily,

To be honest i havn`t even looked 3.x version.

Ill download it today and start work. before i get to far ahead of myself on the 2.x version.
  4. wazza

wazza Member

Is there any notable changes to the package structure?

I have just installed my sleleton for the e-commerce package and all of the package admin pages are displayed under the extentions/packages tab. Is it supposed to display the package first then display the package admin menus once clicked?

Hope this makes sense. I cant download any packages to check the structure of the install xml. Actually looks like only coupons script is avaliable. Can i get access to that vasily? or even just the install file?
  5. wazza

wazza Member

Please see image.

Attached Files:

6. wazza

wazza Member

Never mind think i have worked it out.

Regards,
    Quentin
  7. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Quentin, there are some notable changes but they are internal. We tried to keep the compatibility as much as possible.
    You definitely need to go with the latest version only as we don't have plans to go on 2.3 supporting soon.

We will release articles + web directory + coupons today and you will have access to them.
  8. wazza

wazza Member

No Probs Vasily...

Ill wait for the other package releases.

Regards,
    Quentin
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  9. Vasily_B.

Hi Quentin,

Two packages have been updated. We have released directory & coupons packages. Articles script will be updated in few hours.

Ask in case you have any questions.
  10. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Vasily.

I am getting a message about support and cannot download the 3.0.1 versions
  11. Vasily_B.

Three months support added for your account. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
  12. wazza

wazza Member

Thanks Vasily. Just going to take a look now.

Regards
  13. wazza

wazza Member

your right Vasily. I'm in love :D

Nice work guys. Very Nice work!
  14. Vasily_B.

Thanks for the feedback. We still need 2-3 months to polish the whole core functionality, but I'm pretty sure we won't make any significant core changes anymore for the next few months. We will only improve some areas + include fixes for known issues, so go ahead with the development.

If you have any reports please join us at dev.subrion.com. We appreciate any reports including feature requests from a 3rd party developer :)
  15. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Vasily,

No probs will do. Just a quick one. How do i add an icon next to the package name?

Please see image. I have looked through the subrion folders and cannot find these icons anywhere. Nothing in the package folders or in the core folders.

I understand it is css but where are the images stored? or is it something to do with the icon of the package?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  16. wazza

wazza Member

ok I fount the reference in font-subrion.LESS file. However i still dont know how the icon is referenced.

i added
    .i-mystore,

and

.i-mystore:before {
    content: "\e036";
    }

Sorry havnt worked much with css before and have no idea how the icons are referenced and displayed.

I dont want to add this to core files so how would it be done through the package?
  17. Vasily_B.

Moment, Quentin. Please ignore this for now, we've made some internal improvements that will be available soon. Keep the things as is for now, we will provide you with the solution in few days.

Thanks!
  18. wazza

wazza Member

Ok no problems Vasily. Thank you
  19. Vasily_B.

Generally the idea is simple. We use our own font for Admin Dashboard, you can find all available icons here:
    http://codex.intelliants.com/subrion-font/

You will need to create a new hook, that will add some custom css to your admin panel. Gleb will get back to you later.
  20. wazza

wazza Member

Ok thanks Vasily.
    Ill await the reply