Comments

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Eleanna, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Is the Disqus commenting plugin compatible with v3.2.2? And also, are there any plans to create a plugin for the blog that does not rely on troll-heaven Disqus?
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

Disqus is available for the latest versions so you can start using it. No plans to create a plugin that would work for blog or news right now.

Thanks!
  3. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

That's a pitty, your blog is very, very good, the absence of a proper commenting system is a glaring omission, with the Disqus system being a very poor substitute. Not the plugin, but Disqus itself. Troll heaven extraordinare, apart from the fact that it requires signing up to disqus before it can be used, which loses you 3 out of 4 potential comments. If I knew how, I would write it myself... I think you should really reconsider this, sooner rather than later.
  4. wazza

wazza Member

wasn`t there a generic comment plugin before? that worked for pages?
  5. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Don't know. The "Comments" plugin only works on listings of some sort or the other, the Disqus plugin works, but the problem is Disqus, it's a right pita... There are a few very good, open source systems available which do exactly what a proper commenting system should do, with all the functionality you could possibly want to go with them, but integrating them seems to be impossible. One of them actually give very detailed instructions on how to integrate it, but I can't get it to work on the Subrion platform. It's really sad this can't be done, it would elevate the blog system way above anything currently on the market, included WP..
  6. wazza

wazza Member

What is the system you are trying to use? I might take a look at it
  7. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

8. SmaRTeY

SmaRTeY New Member

Just for Subrion's sake... I have to agree with Eleanna, a decent commenting system that can be run within Subrion instead of having to register 3rd parties is WAY better and less prone to issues you cannot solve yourself if for example Discus makes some kind of change or whatever and boom your crispy website just got crippled....annoying as hell as well as simply not good practice to create a production site with so many 3rd party references which also slows down page loads if you're Lucky.

I tried the comments plugin but it's not working for Blogs or anythingelse from what I have seen.
    Don't know about the News plugin combined with Comments plugin.

I'll see if I can come up with something, more people should start supporting Subrion if you ask me... Subrion has better potential than Wordpress imo but it needs more developers, more stability, improved theme architecture and more development guidence specifically with regard to using existing functionality for coding speed and quality.
    Just my two cents :)
  9. lpalacios

lpalacios New Member

He instalado el pluggin Comments, se instala bien, pero no se puede dejar comentarios, ENVIA MENSAJE "UNDIFINED"
  10. lpalacios

lpalacios New Member

I installed the Pluggin comments, installs well, but can not leave comments, send message "UNDIFINED"
  11. lpalacios

lpalacios New Member

HELP ME, PLEASE
  12. ercan

ercan New Member

i installed Comments plugin
    all users permissions full but replies to messages do not appear
    also plugin only active for articles it is not showing on blog page
    can you help me please