Configuration file not found.

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by acrox999, Aug 16, 2012.

1. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Hi, I just downloaded the free version of Subrion CMS and wanted to install it. But upon installation, I get the error "Configuration file not found!".

I don't see anyone having the same problem as me. I also having problem with the .htaccess you provided, which gives the 500 error when loading the website, and I had to add RewriteBase / into it. I thought it was solved for once, but now this came up.

I've read the installation manual, where you wrote there to chmod 777 to the file /includes/config.inc.php, but I found no such thing. So I created one myself, chmod it, still the same error.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Nevermind, turns out the .htaccess file in the /install directory also needs to be edited.

Problem solved. I now get to mess around with the admin panel. Very good interface, and easy to understand.
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Welcome to our user forums!

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, config file is automatically created during the installation.

BTW, there are some minor issues in 2.2.0 and we have prepared a new patch that has some most issues fixed.

Please ask questions in case you have them. The system is really powerful once you understand how to use and manage it ;)

Thanks!
  4. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Yes, I've read it from your twitter feed. I will apply the patch once it's out.

Also, are the plugins for 2.1.X still compatible with 2.2.X?
  5. Vasily_B.

I would not recommend to use 2.1 plugins for the new version. Some of them might not be incompatible. If you need some plugins urgently - just let us know.

We will update them asap.

Thanks!
  6. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Ah, right now there's no urgent need of them. As I'm just gonna get my website up and updated. Once I have the needs for them, I'll tell you guys.

Thanks for the fast response and great support, Mr. Vasily!
  7. Vasily_B.

8. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Thanks a lot! Updating the plugin now. :)
  9. Vasily_B.

Instructions are easy. Upload the recaptcha folder in your plugins/ folder.

Admin Panel -> Manage Plugins. Choose Install for reCaptcha and then click on Configure. You need to make it active on that page + fill in API keys for it.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Anyway, if you do - please post them in our plugins section ;) Thanks!
  10. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Sure thing. Thanks again. :)
  11. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Ah, sorry for the double post, but can you update the Google Tools plugin? Thanks!
  12. Vasily_B.

13. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Thank you! I think this may be closed now. I'll open up a new thread if I need anything.

Thanks a lot again! :)
  14. Vasily_B.

Ok, always at your service ;)

Ask in case you have any questions.
  15. popey87

popey87 Member

Thank you very much for this forum it helped me out heaps with my install
  16. Vasily_B.

No problem, Nick. If you have any questions please post them in our user forums..

If you have any bug reports or any feature requests please post them in our online issue tracker.

Thanks!