Contact Us plugin updated

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Vasily B., Jul 6, 2010.

1. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings, One more plugin released for 2.0 version - Contact us. It allows to contact site administrators via front end form.
  2. nexnet

nexnet New Member

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to add more / customise questions on the contact us plugin? Thanks in advance :)
  3. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello nexnet!

Welcome to our support forums!

Do you mean you want to add some additional fields?
  4. nexnet

nexnet New Member

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the welcome, I'm new to Subrion and must say I am very impressed with what it has to offer and it's down to all the hard work that's gone into this project over the years by you guys so a massive thanks from me!

Anyway, back to my query, yes I was wondering if I could easily add additional fields to the form so it would appear in the body of the email that is sent once it's submitted by the user? At the moment the plugin has fields full name, email and contact reason, I was looking to add a few additional fields like telephone number and mobile number.

I have another website that I plan to use Subrion on and being able to customise a contact form would benefit the site greatly as well so any advice on what I would need to change to achieve this is greatly appreciated.
  5. Gleb_S.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate that!

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to add additional fields to the form because already existed fields are hard-coded.

Still I was thinking about to extend the plugin with the fields you mentioned.
    Please let me know the list of the fields you want to add and if they should be optional or required.
    I will do appropriate changes and attach the new plugin here.
    If it will be ok we will, probably, release it as the next official version.

Thanks again and waiting for your reply!
  6. nexnet

nexnet New Member

Thanks Alex, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I'll hopefully have a suitable list of fields as you requested by Monday evening.
  7. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Sorry for the interruption. You might want to check the new version of our core version. It has a lot of improvements.
    We have updated the default functionality of our contact us plugin. Still waiting for the extra fields you mentioned. It's possible we can add them in our next version of the plugin.

Thanks!
  8. nexnet

nexnet New Member

Hi,
    I've installed version 2.3.7 of your core version for a club and just shown them how to navigate the admin panel, I'll leave that version installed for them to get used to the functionality of it and then update them in a month or two when they are more confident in what they need to do. I asked them about the additional fields they may need and the only thing they mentioned was telephone numbers. Would it be possible to have the contact us form to be updated to show the following?

Full Name - Required
    Email Address - Required
    Telephone Contact - Required
    Mobile Contact - Non Required
    ** Subject - Required
    Reason for contact - Required

** I noticed on subrion.com contact us form you have a required drop down menu for subject, is it possible to have this implemented into the form where we can edit the various subject reasons? If not, then no problem, would have been a neat feature though to allow some personalization to the contact us form.

Again, many many thanks for your assistance on this and I look forward to using your CMS software for years to come!

John
  9. Gleb_S.

Hello,

I have modified the plugin for v2.3.7, please check the attachment.
    The modification includes phone fields.

Unfortunately, subject field requires a lot of changes, so I can not add them to the plugin for 2.3.7 version.
    Still we are going to include this improvement into the plugin for 3.0 version.
    So, after you switch to the v3.0 just download the plugin from our "Downloads" area to apply the changes.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Attached Files:

10. nexnet

nexnet New Member

Hello,

Alex many thanks for doing those changes for me! I managed to get it installed without any problems, tested and it works a treat! Thanks!

I had left a question in the photo album thread a while ago and haven't received a reply to it as yet, could I trouble you some more and ask if you could have a look and let me know if it's possible to be amended?

Thanks again!

John
  11. Vasily_B.

Hi John,

You are welcome. Now we are focused on 3.0.1 release. We really hope to release that version on Monday. Once it's ready we will recheck all the plugins and release them.
    We won't implement the functionality for the older versions, sorry.

Thanks for your patience.
  12. danielvu

danielvu New Member

Hello there,

Could you please tell me if the new contact us plugin actually shows you the email address of the person who sent the meesage, because now even though the form requests an email address, this email address of the requester is not shown on the email i receive, so I dont know how I can reply back.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,
    ^D
  13. danielvu

danielvu New Member

I have installed the updated plugin, it seems to be good now, the only problem is it doesnt show the captcha anymore, how can I fix that please?

Thanks
  14. Vasily_B.

Hi

Please make sure you check it when you are not logged in. As it does not display name & email fields for the registered & logged in members.