Embed video's (non Youtube) and tweets

Discussion in 'Article Script / Article Directory Script' started by wesselvegmond, Nov 6, 2016.

1. wesselvegmond

wesselvegmond New Member

Hello,

I want to embed videos hosted on my own website or other sites like instagram. Is that possible?

And I want to embed tweets, how do I do that?

Thanks.
  2. shaununouk

shaununouk New Member

You can create a widget via your twitter account by going to Settings, widgets, create widget to your design and then copy and paste the code into the HTML or block of your website where you require it, this will publish your latest tweets.
    Dayir_A. likes this.
  3. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @wesselvegmond,

About embedding the video via HTML video tag you can read here: http://www.w3schools.com/TAgs/tag_video.asp
    You should put the full path to your video files in src attribute like this:
    Code (HTML5):

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
        <source src="path/to/your/movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>

About the video from Instagram, I found this article https://help.instagram.com/513918941996087
    You should just click on dots -> click Embed -> and copy the embed code.

Simply put your code into some HTML block (you can create them in admin panel -> Contents -> Blocks -> Add block -> then in the add page you can set the type of the block to HTML and
    put the code into textarea called "Contents". Click on `Source` button and paste the code.

Thanks.
    wesselvegmond, Andrew_G. and Gleb_S. like this.
  4. wesselvegmond

wesselvegmond New Member

Thanks Dayir, I actually have another question.

I have the publishing script installed on my website. But when I show the newest articles on my page, it doesn't show in the right order. The days are in the right order, but if I post multiple articles on one day, it shows in the wrong order.

It should be:
    22:00 C
    21:00 B
    22:00 A

But it's the opposite:
    20:00 A
    21:00 B
    22:00 C

How do I fix this? That the newest articles are shown?

Examples are on www.voetbalpress.nl
  5. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Did test it on local installation and sorting works correctly.
    Could you please submit a ticket in our HelpDesk with FTP details of your website, so we could investigate the issue and fix it?

Thanks.