Events plugin

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Eleanna, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

I've installed the events plugin and added a few events. All works fine, but I cannot for love or money get the future events to show anywhere. Anybody who knows the trick and is willing to share?
  2. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Ok, we have this working now, but... it publishes the upcoming events in the wrong order. The furthest away event is top of the list and the nearest one is bottome of the list. How can we reverse this? And also, is there a way of limiting the number of future events being shown to lets say 5, with the top event disappearing of the list when its time has approached?
  3. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Ok, further to this. On the events page, the events are listed correctly, in chronological order. It would be a good idea to be able to restrict the amount of events showing (not the amount of possible entires!) to an arbitrary number, decided by admin, or restrict them to a time frame of let's say 2 months. We have at least 87 wine festivals in July that I know off (haven't managed to visit them all yet, working on it), so an events page can grow rather large without those restrictions.
    on the upcoming events, this is also very much needed, but also, the upcoming events are listed in reverse chronological order, rather defeating the purpose. People want to see at a glance what is happening in their holidy time window, or during their visit. They don't want to see what's happening 4 months down the line. Attached is a sample of this. None of the events for this or next month are showing in this sample. Once we put in the wine festivals, it becomes totally self defeating. upcoming events.PNG upcoming events.PNG

If anybody can tell me how to switch the upcoming events listing, and how to restrict to either number or time-frame, that would be much appreceiated.
    eleanna
  4. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello @Eleanna
    Thank you very much for your reports. We are planning to include all the corrections you mentioned here into the next version of the plugin and release it within the next couple of days.
    I recommend you to wait for the release as far as it will contain some other critical fixes and improvements.
    ganodan likes this.
  5. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Excellent, thanks. Let us know when the updated version is released, and thanks for the great work.
    eleanna
  6. Gleb_S.

Hello,

Sorry for waiting. The plugin is updated. You can download it from our download area.
  7. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Great, thanks.
  8. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Hi Alex,

Great, downloaded the new version, so far, so good. Now, next question. I have a list of recurring yearly events in an excel sheet, and would like to import the list rather than type the 200+ event again. How can I import a complete list like this without overwriting what might be in the events listing already?
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  9. Gleb_S.

Glad you are satisfied with the changes.

Actually, when creating events you can set "Repeat" field to "yearly" in order to make it repeat every year. No need to insert events every year.
  10. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Yes, I know :) But before setting that field I need to get the events in there first. That's what I'm asking, I have a list of over 200 events. Can I somehow import these (and set the "Repeat" field to "yearly" at the same time during import?) or do I need to retype the whole lot one-by-one?
  11. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Ok, I'll ask this again... I have a list of over 200 yearly events. Can I somehow import these (and set the "Repeat" field to "yearly" at the same time during import?) or do I need to retype the whole lot one-by-one?
    Second question. One of the girls just had the experience... While adding an event, she managed to get the date wrong 5 times... (not enough coffee I think). what really got her totally worked up and very frustrated is the fact that you can't edit the dates, not even when still adding an event. Once you've picked a date that's it. the only way to change this is to delete the event and start all over again. Can this be changed so that it avoids a lot of bad language in the office?