"free?"

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by Himagain, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Himagain

Himagain New Member

There are 3 possibilities in marketing before something really becomes a fraud:
    1. A product is offered "free". That's it - no catches at all. (Usually older versions or Beta)

2. Time Limited Trial. (Usually full product that dies in a fixed time - clearly stated)

3. Demo Version. (Usually crippled by a critical function missing, e.g. saving work.)

I could not access the "free" offer.

Please explain.

Thank you.
  2. dstemper

dstemper Member

Subrion CMS Products Overview :: Subrion Content Management Script

Check the Download free in the upper left. I clicked the button and it worked for me. See if it worked for you.

They don't ask for email or anything like that if you thought you needed to sign up, this is really a free piece of software. My site mborotalks.com is running the publishing and directory packages, I haven't site up the directory yet as I have been busy with other things but it works very well.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. bosshog001

bosshog001 New Member

It also worked for me, I have the free version for one site and I have three other sites running the paid version. I am not sure what the problem is, but if you contact them they always go out of there way to help you solve any problems. The free version does not have all the function of the paid version but it is a wonderful program. We can not really expect to get a free version of the software with all the functions of the paid version. If they did that they would never sell any software and I think that is why they are in business. This is not a paid commercial just a really satisfied customer. One of my sites have over 3000 visits most days and my account holders are very satisfied....
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi and welcome in our support forums

Subrion (former xooArticles) used to be a publishing platform for posting news, articles, etc. It had 2 version - free and paid. Now the free version is still available for publishing package. You can download it as the guys advised.

If you need a free directory you can try Omega version -

free directory script

We are also going to make our core functionality (which is basic CMS now ) free so it could be used for simple sites.

Let us know if you have more questions
  5. sakhan24

sakhan24 New Member

subrion article script is an excellent script even the free version is great
    due to search engine friendly
    great features

but it's not working for me some directories are missing
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  6. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,
    Thanks for your positive feedback sakhan24 and welcome to our support forums.

Well, if you have any problems with categories I suppose there is a problem with mod_rewrite on your server. If you want we can fix it for you for free of course

We have just released a new version of subrion cms and you can download it from the downloads area.