Gmap works on contact, but not other pages

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by squaremobile, Sep 13, 2016.

1. squaremobile

squaremobile New Member

Hi, I need some guidance with GMAP plugin. Have searched and read on the forums but not solving it. GMap installed and API key added. Map shows up on the contact us page.
    upload_2016-9-13_13-53-25.png

upload_2016-9-13_13-53-25.png

However, it doesn't work on any other page including the event listing, shows up as:

upload_2016-9-13_13-55-1.png

upload_2016-9-13_13-55-1.png

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Please note I'm still finding my way around, so if you direct me to a file or folder, please include the complete web address or location .

Thanks in advance. MJ
  2. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @squaremobile,

First of all: Maps on Events and Contact Us plugins don't depend on Gmap plugin. You don't need to install Gmap plugin if you want to use one of them.
    The issue with map in Events plugin will be fixed in the next release. I've created a todo task in, you may track the progress here https://github.com/intelliants/subrion-plugin-events/issues/6

For now, you can apply this fix:
    in file /plugins/events/js/frontend/view.js
    find the line
    Code (Javascript):

loadScript('http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?callback=mapInitialize');

and replace it with following line. YOUR_API_KEY should be replaced by your API KEY
    Code (Javascript):

loadScript('http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?callback=mapInitialize&key=YOUR_API_KEY');

It should help. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you for your reports.
    Andrew_G. and olairmarcos like this.
  3. squaremobile

squaremobile New Member

Hi, thank you for the assist. I made the suggested changes. unfortunately without success, the map area on the page now shows up but its "greyed-out" as in the screenshot.
    upload_2016-9-15_9-27-36.png
  4. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @squaremobile,

Cannot reproduce the issue. Please try create another event with the same Venue. If map won't show, then please submit a ticket in our Help Desk with FTP details of your website. We'll try to investigate the issue.

Thanks.
  5. squaremobile

squaremobile New Member

Hi, will double check that I've followed your instructions. Should I not get it to work, I'll submit a ticket.
    Thank you.
    MJ
  6. squaremobile

squaremobile New Member

Quick update, changed template from Forest back to Kickstarter and it just started working. Not sure if it was a setting or code that made the Forest template not work. Just glad it works.

Thanks again for the assist.
  7. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @squaremobile,

You are always welcome.
    I'm not sure that there were issues with the template as they don't depend on each other at all.
    The possible reason of "grey" map can be geocoding problems or something like that as there were no errors in console.
    Anyway glad to see that the issue is fixed.