Google Map Problem

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by jey, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jey

jey New Member

Hello,

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the google map plugin, but still it shows the error :
    "Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."
    Please view the attached image for the screenshot. What are the possibilities of causing this error?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• why.jpg
      why.jpg
      File size:
      242.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello @jey!

Google Maps plugin is not related to the block with contact info. You don't need it.
    What you need is edit block Get in touch (switch to source mode). Find this code:
    HTML:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js"></script>
    And replace with this one:
    HTML:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY"></script>
    That should solve your problem.
    Thanks!
    Andrew_G. and olairmarcos like this.
  3. jey

jey New Member

Oh yes, it works now. Thx alot Gleb. =D
  4. Gleb_S.

You are welcome @jey!
    In case you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to create a new thread here on our forums, or write directly to our Help Desk.

Thanks!
  5. jey

jey New Member

Hi Gleg,

Another problem for the map in CONTACT US page....where do I insert the code? Please view the screenshot. Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Gleb_S.

7. jey

jey New Member

Hello, Gleb,

Most welcomed, and I'm glad that i'm helping. I have changed my API KEY in index.tpl (line 10) and the map is now working, but it's showing Brooklyn's map instead of my area's. Where to change the map's location?? Please find the attached image.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. jey

jey New Member

Oh and I even inserted my API KEY in google maps's API KEY section, but it's not changing too.
  9. Gleb_S.

You need to set Latitude and Longitude in plugins' config section in Admin Dashboard.
  10. jey

jey New Member

Alright! Got it working. Thx Gleb.
  11. Gleb_S.

You are welcome @jey!