Google Maps

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Eleanna, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

This is a vitally important plugin for many business sites, especially yellow pages users.... When can we expect an updated, working version of this?
  2. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @Eleanna ,

I think it will be done after New Year holidays.
  3. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Have we any idea when we will have a working google maps for v3.2.4? This is now one of the founding stones for the yellow pages listings and currently not functioning. I have mentioned this before, but will do it again here, just to be sure. When you are doing this, please keep us Europeans in mind. In Europe, there are many countries where there are no postal addresses as in streets and house numbers. Some places (Ireland) don't even have postal codes... On our previous install of the old yp, your former colleague Alex modified the google maps for us in such a way that we can manually move the marker to its correct position. Please include this functionality in the updated plugin. Thanks
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @Eleanna

Please check the updated plugin. I've just released a new version of it. Please download it from the plugin page:
    http://www.subrion.org/plugin/gmap.html
    and overwrite the files you have.

Please update the ticket you have if there are any issues. Thanks.
  5. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Thanks Vasily, much appreciated. A little tweak and now it is working as it says on the tin... Thanks. Eleanna
  6. Vasily_B.

Still have a lot of plans for this plugin including various options like themes, different marker icons, directions.
    We are going to take care of its improvements asap as we do understand how important it is.

Thanks!
  7. sumedh.dshmkh

sumedh.dshmkh New Member

is there any plugin for selecting area of a map and getting info of that region.for example properties for sale in a specific region
  8. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Sorry, we don't have this functionality in the default plugin. This could only be done as a custom modification.
    Cheers
  9. sumedh.dshmkh

sumedh.dshmkh New Member

ok no prob...thanks