How can we remove the header in pages and blocks in the lastest version?

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by bikini_browser, Jan 21, 2014.

1. bikini_browser

bikini_browser New Member

Hello Everyone...

How do you remove the page name or header on a page in Version 3.1.2 ? I am not referring to the admin panel (you might be able to leave the page name blank but that makes management difficult).

I saw where removing the page name or header from the page (from the frontend, but using the admin panel to do it) was an option in the old versions but I don't see that anymore with the new version (3.1.2).

I forget if you can do this in a block so please specify in your answer.

Also, please inform me when you should use a page versus a block. What exactly is the block used for and when should we use it versus a page and visa-versa...

Please specify and advise....

Dale
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello Dale,

Actually, there was no such option in the previous versions. Most likely, you are talking about block captions. You can disable them when editing a block. There is an option "Show header" that is responsible for that.
    Still if you want to disable header of some page you should modify some code:
    Open [subrion_folder]/templates/[active_template]/layout.tpl
    Find the code:

HTML:
    <h1 class="page-header">{$pageTitle}</h1>
    Replace it with:

HTML:
    {if $pageName != 'PAGENAME'}
    {/if}
    Where PAGENAME is the name of the page you want to disable the header for.
    For example, if I want to disable header for "Advanced Search" the code I'll use will be:

HTML:
    {if $pageName != 'advsearch'}
    {/if}
    Obviously, blocks are parts of pages that can be placed into different positions (left/right column, footer, header, etc.) The same block may be displayed on different pages. Still a page is a unique-content entity, and its content is always displayed at the center column.