How do you add articles on the homepage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by brainegg, Oct 9, 2008.

1. brainegg

brainegg New Member

One thing I haven't figured out is how you add articles to the homepage. When I submit an article I don't see the "Root" category as an option.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

There is no possibility to post articles to the script's home page without modification. Latest articles from all categories displays in 'Blog' section.
    You can install the 'Random Articles' plugin to show latest/random/popular articles in separate blocks.
  3. brainegg

brainegg New Member

I remember you guys had a demo before that displayed articles on the homepage? How exactly was that done?
  4. Vasily_B.

I think you talk about xooArticles, now Subrion looks like this
    http://publishing.subrion.com
  5. brainegg

brainegg New Member

6. Vasily_B.

Subrion Articles Package (formerly known as xooArticles) has a plugin that displays Top, Popular and Latest articles on homepage. Now it displays just title if you want we can make so it display article body as well. Just send us request in helpdesk and we will do this for your personally and then make changes in our plugin that's downloaded
  7. brainegg

brainegg New Member

Oh ok. I didn't know you guys have a plugin that did that. I will check it out tomorrow.
  8. Vasily_B.

Sure. Let us know the results please
  9. bosshog001

bosshog001 New Member

I think having the articles on the front page catches the first time viewers attention.
  10. brainegg

brainegg New Member

That's not what I wanted. I wanted the articles to be displayed on the homepage with the image like on DigiTheek.net. I am 100% positive you guys had a demo that displayed the articles on the homepage with Subrion software. Not XooArticles like Sergey was suggesting. This was about 2 or 3 months ago when your price was $199 for the software. How exactly can I do that? I can do it myself if you give me simple instructions. I was considering on purchasing a second license but I can't do that until I get this first website up and running the way I want it.
  11. Vasily_B.

We will make this functionality as a plugin for you soon.
  12. brainegg

brainegg New Member

Hi Sergey,

Thanks a lot! You guys have excellent support which is why I keep on coming back. How soon do you think this plugin will be coming out?
  13. Vasily_B.

You can download it already. It's called 'Latest Articles'.
    Have a nice day.
  14. Vasily_B.

Thanks Sergey. Yes, the plugin is available in downloads area
  15. brainegg

brainegg New Member

Excellent! It's exactly what I wanted.
  16. Vasily_B.

Always at your service.