how to enable make and model search in car page??

Discussion in 'Auto Classifieds Script' started by supun, Apr 12, 2016.

1. supun

supun New Member

i need to enable make and model search in car page. i try it using admin panel but i can't find way to do that. can any one help me.
  2. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @supun ,

In order to have the 'Refine Search' block on the Car Details page you need to check (tick) the 'Car details' page in the Subrion Admin Panel -> Content -> Blocks -> edit the block with Title = Refine Search -> 'Visible everywhere' field
    I've attached screenshot file for better understanding of this process.

Thanks for choosing our software products!

Attached Files:

3. muthu

muthu New Member

Hi Andrew_G,

What actually need is to add Make & Model into the refine search panel. Please see attached screenshot.

Cheers

Attached Files:

4. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

You may enable it by applying a small 1 line change to the source code:

The following line has to be changed:
    PHP:
    empty($makes) || $filters['autos'] = $makes;
    To look like:
    PHP:
    empty($makes) || $filters['makes'] = $makes;
    The target file is: packages/autos/includes/hook.blocks-load.php

Once it's applied, you should see the make & model selector within the Refine Search block.
    Dayir_A., Andrew_G. and Vasily_B. like this.
  5. muthu

muthu New Member

Hi, we applied above fix and yes we can see the make and model selector within the Refine Serach.
    However I noticed sometimes it doesn't show the correct results when select a particular Make/Model... is that a known bug?
  6. muthu

muthu New Member

I noticed it's happening when you do a search using refine panel Make/Model in 'Autos' page for the first time only.
    Also the 'Model' dropdown becomes disabled and It is not possible to select a different Model under same 'Make'.
    However, it's working fine when you do a search from homepage.
  7. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @muthu ,

Thanks for your report. I've added the ticket to our ToDo list and this bug will be fixed in one of the next versions of the Autos package. You can track it here: http://dev.subrion.org/issues/2438
  8. lamason

lamason New Member

Attached Files:

9. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @lamason ,

We have added Make / Model dropdown lists to the Refine Search block in developer's version of the Autos package (this fix will be integrated into upcoming 4.0.3 version of the Autos package).

At this moment demo version (http://demos.subrion.com/autos/ ) uses the latest released version (4.0.2). So you need to apply this fix manually to have Make / Model dropdown lists in the Refine Search block in 4.0.2 version of the Autos package.

Hope for your understanding.
    Dayir_A. and Greg like this.