How to make Pagination visible ?

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by vletroye, May 5, 2019.

1. vletroye

vletroye New Member

Hi,

I used to work with an old CMS 'pwsPhp'... But since my hosting provider has migrated his infra, my portal is not working anymore. So, I have decided to migrate my data into a new CMS. I have selected Subrion has it seems simple and nevertheless powerful.

I have installed the version under development (from GitHub) as my provider doesn't grant the Super Privilege required by the setup script of Subrion 4.0.2 (An issue is fixed in #803).

Next, I have imported my data directly into the DB, using CSV. I filled the tables blog_entries, blog_entries_tags and blog_tags.

It worked like charm and I can now see my data into my new CMS (temporarily made available here: http://portal-meurs-be.servagepreview.net/blog/ )

Here is a sample of the data loaded into the DB (just in case I missed something critical)

SELECT * FROM sbr421_blog_entries,sbr421_blog_entries_tags,sbr421_blog_tags WHERE sbr421_blog_entries.id=sbr421_blog_entries_tags.blog_id AND sbr421_blog_entries_tags.tag_id=sbr421_blog_tags.id

upload_2019-5-5_17-29-37.png

I have nevertheless a few troubles and I can't neither find help on Google nor figure out myself what's going wrong.

On the page 'blog', I don't see the Navigation bar. I am using the template kurut and in the index.tpl, the navigation is there: {navigation aTotal=$pagination.total aTemplate=$pagination.template aItemsPerPage=$core.config.blog_number aNumPageItems=5}

If I debug the index.php of the module 'blog', I see that $iaDb->foundRows() returns 1.
    And this seems to be the issues. Indeed, if I force $pagination['total'] = 100, then I see the navigation bar.

Unfortunately, I am not able to reverse engineer all the code to understand how the method foundRows() is assumed to work...

Is there anyone who could help me ?

Many thx in adv !!!

V.

PS.: just in case: the bloc 'Refine Search' is 'active' and I didn't change its parameters (Bug #2521). But I don't see it anywhere...
    Last edited: May 5, 2019