How to put slider plugins in pages

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by pathic, Mar 24, 2014.

1. pathic

pathic New Member

Hi all,

Is it possible if I put slider plugins in the pages ?
    Currently Slider Plugins in blocks only, add block for slider and put block position in slider items.

Thanks for your attention to look my question.

pathic myee
  2. wazza

wazza Member

Hello,

There are a number of "block positions" in the content section.

You can set the slider to show in block position->page and it will only show on that particular page.

Make sure it is not set to sticky and you will be given a list of pages you want the block to show on.

hope this helps
  3. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello @pathic!
    As @wazza mentioned above you can create a new page and assign your slider block to this particular page only.
    Choose 'bottom' or 'top' position to place it within the content area (between right and left columns).

Let us know if you need any further assistance with this.
  4. pathic

pathic New Member

Hi @Alex B.,
    Thanks for reply.

I mean, if I want to put slider in Home page ? is it possible ?
  5. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Of course, it's possible.
    In Admin Panel > Content > Pages remove the content of the home page if you don't need it.
    Then in Admin Panel > Extensions > Slider > Blocks create a block at the "bottom" position. Click edit link next to "Without Title" text. You will be redirected to the block's configuration page.
    Turn off the "Sticky" option and select "Home" page only to make the slider displayed at the home page only. Add slides to this block in Admin Panel > Extensions > Slider > Add.