How to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by Boue, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Boue

Boue New Member

Hello,

I have website with core version 4.0 running, directory package.
    I installed the core version using Installatron.
    I have made quite a few changes / MODS over the past few months.

Could someone please describe the process for upgrading to v4.1?
    I am happy to re-apply changes etc, would just like to know the best sequence for doing this as I am new to Subrion CMS.

Thank you
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately at the moment we don't provide an upgrade script to go from 4.0 to 4.1.
    4.1 has a lot of changes, and to be honest I'm not sure if it's all worth efforts to make that script.

As you can re-apply the mods, I would recommend to make a new installation of 4.1.1 and add Web Directory Script to it (we've released one compatible with 4.1.x core). Please note there is one template for directory called Bazarrr - here it is in action:
    https://demos.subrion.org/directory/

You can manually migrate your data to the new version. Just compare two tables, get rid of incompatible fields and rename title/description fields to title_en, description_en and upgrade will be done.

If you want, you can request an upgrade from our team, that would be $50. In this case we would migrate your categories/members/listings data to the new version.

Thanks

P.S. I would recommend for one more release as we plan to add cool improvements for plans to monetize soon.
  3. Boue

Boue New Member

I have just spent quite a lot of time, and paid for some MODS, to get my directory to where it is now. I was just a couple of MODS away from being ready to make it live, but now I have to start again?

OK, so;
    - I make a new install of the core script and install the package and templates I need.
    - I make all the changes from admin/dashboard that I need to make.
    - I work through and re-apply all the MODS I have made.
    - I manually move the data from my current (v4.0) database to the new one.

I can do most of this, and appreciate why you aren't making an upgrade script.
    Could you maybe at least post instructions on moving the database data?

How often are you likely to be making big changes like this?

Thanks
  4. Vasily_B.

I totally understand your frustration.
    No we don't make these changes frequently. It's major update with overall critical changes and architecture improvements. Finally we are done with the core structure and we don't have plans to improve it for a couple of years. If we release changes, they will be compatible.

Your algo is absolutely correct. Yes, we will make a general post how to perform data migration.

BTW, if the software works the way you expected a question arises - do you really need the changes from new version right now? I would definitely advise to wait for some time to get a more improved version and then upgrade what you have.

thanks
  5. alincgrigoras

alincgrigoras New Member

Do you have an estimated time when these updates will be available? Thanks
  6. Vasily_B.

No ETA at all. Apologizes, now we are focused on the modules / templates update. Not sure how long it might take as all the guys are on a tight schedule :(

If we talk about plans improvements, I believe we need a month or so to make it done.

Thanks