Importer

Discussion in 'Yellow Pages Script / Local Directory Script' started by kohost, Sep 14, 2014.

1. kohost

kohost New Member

Hi there,
    can you provide any documentation on how the importer plugin works, Id like to import location and category structure. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
  2. volusiapost

volusiapost New Member

I would like to know this too! :)
  3. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @kohost and @volusiapost ,

Unfortunately, Importer plugin doesn't work for subrion 3.1.8 version. I've added the ticket to our Developers System and you can track it here: http://dev.subrion.org/issues/1812

Now if you need to import the data you have 2 choices:
    1) you will do it by yourself,
    2) we will do it for you (paid service).

I apologize again for this inconvenience.
  4. mysupportnetwork

mysupportnetwork New Member

I wish I'd known this before I bought :( it's a very important feature for me as I need to import a large amount of contacts/listings. Is there another way around this? Any word on updates for the plugin?
  5. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @mysupportnetwork ,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to import your data. Our developers are very busy now. They are working on the new packages versions releases. I'm sorry, but there is no exact terms about Importer plugin's upgrade.
    Please create the ticket in our HelpDesk System and attach or give the link to your data. We will look it through and let you know the price for import service.

Hope for your understanding.
  6. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

What format do you have your data in? Probably we can easily adapt it for our software, if it's one time migration.

Cheers
  7. mysupportnetwork

Could you please give me some guidance on how to import with sql? I've imported some test data and can see it within the database table, although it is not showing in the GUI/CMS in the companies list. Is there a field that I need to have populated in there - eg. the create date? Or something else I am missing?
    If I can get the formula right, I will arrange to import my data this way.
    I really can't spend any more money on this at this stage, especially as a large part of my purchase decision was based on this import csv feature.
    Any help is appreciated!

I've imported like this:

INSERT INTO `v1i_yp_companies`(`id`, `member_id`, `category_id`, `location_id`, `title`, `title_alias`, `url`, `reciprocal`, `short_description`, `description`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `domain`, `ip`, `status`, `pagerank`, `rank`, `salt`, `date_added`, `date_modified`, `views_num`, `featured`, `featured_start`, `featured_end`, `sponsored`, `sponsored_start`, `sponsored_end`, `sponsored_plan_id`, `email`, `image`, `payments_methods`, `address`, `zipcode`, `phone`, `local_phone`, `fax`, `gallery`, `additional_hours`, `year_established`, `language_spoken`, `products_services`) VALUES ("4","4","2","120","this is a title","this-is-a-title","http://thisisatest.com","","description text","description text","","","","","active","","","","","","","","","","","","","","[email protected]","","","12345 test ave","2000","123456789","","","","","2001","English","")
  8. mysupportnetwork

Just saw your reply Vasily - I have the data in .csv but could translate this to sql easily enough. As long as I know the correct way to format this I'm happy to organise my own data this way... it will be a bulk import to start off, then I expect any changes to the listings will be done by the user through the GUI.
  9. mysupportnetwork

just FYI, I've got it almost all working with SQL import now (yay!) - except for the category count. I will read and research a little more on how to update this. Basically I can see I have loaded 400+ listings, although the category only counts 2 listings (which were the first 2 I entered through the GUI).
  10. brendonkirk

brendonkirk New Member

Any idea when the Importer will be fixed? Seems the Importer has been broken for quite a long time.