Attention Install Doesn't Work gives website/install/install

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by dwightdhager, Jun 17, 2014.

1. dwightdhager

dwightdhager New Member

The install isn't working. All I get it mywebsite.com/install/install - Could I get a working copy of the program please. I purchased the (articles script).

I downloaded the core version and it also has the same problem !!!
  2. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @dwightdhager ,

We will investigate and solve the problem for you. Please create the ticket in our HelpDesk System and me or my colleagues will take care of it asap. Also please don't forget to send us your FTP/cPanel/DataBase details to complete the installation process.

Thanks for choosing our software products!
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

I've just replied in your ticket. Waiting for the details from you to investigate the issue. Thanks!
  4. Vasily_B.

Just in case anyone else has the same issue. The very first step is to check if your server is compatible. Our software does not have that many specific requirements. You can find them here:
    http://www.subrion.com/product/requirements.html
    Thanks!
  5. astolfo

astolfo New Member

The problem is with the debian release of apache, in the /etc/apache2/sites-available/default config file.

By default the .htaccess file is ignored by the server and so the rewrite rules are ignored...
    to fix it edit the default config file changing AllowOverride from "None" to "All" in this way:

Code (Text):
    <Directory /var/www/>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Directory>
    Vasily_B. likes this.
  6. Vasily_B.

Thanks for your post, @astolfo

Debian seems to be pretty similar to Ubuntu, mod_rewrite is enabled / allowed by default in my Ubuntu 14.10 version. I had to enable allowoverride directive in centos installation also.