Installation error on IdeaWebServer

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by kkorpiela, Feb 16, 2017.

1. kkorpiela

kkorpiela New Member

Hello,

I created locally (wamp for Windows) a website based on Subrion 4.0.5. It installed and all worked fine. After moving files onto a server where IdeaWebServer www is running (home.pl), I encountered problem with installation. I get error 500, removing .htaccess files solves 500 error problem but paths are incorrect (like /install/install/license) so I cannot proceed with installation. After looking closer, I realizaed that for some reason the server cannot parse this line correctly (/install/.htaccess):
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?_p=$1 [QSA,L]
    I am not familiar with this scripting, removing "=" sign causes the installer is running but paths remain incorrect like before, removing QSA causes "access denied". A hosting staff is trying to convince me the problem is with CMS, not their server.

If there is no simple solution for the problem and - since the website I created will consist of just one page - is it possible to get rid of URL remapping/redirecting completly, disable RewritEngine and proceed with installation?

Thank you
    Best regards
    Krzysztof Korpiela
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with with IdeaWebServer; to be honest never heard of it as we always had customers who stick to Apache & nginx servers.
    The main challenge would be to redirect all URLs to index.php?_p=XXX . Not sure how it's done in their software.

If you provide us with the access to your server we can experiment there and try to find a solution. There is very little information on IdeaWebServer :(

Thanks
  3. kkorpiela

kkorpiela New Member

Hello and thank you very much for interest. I sent you required data by conversation module.