Installation error on IdeaWebServer

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by kkorpiela, Feb 16, 2017.

1. kkorpiela

kkorpiela New Member

Hello,

I created locally (wamp for Windows) a website based on Subrion 4.0.5. It installed and all worked fine. After moving files onto a server where IdeaWebServer www is running (home.pl), I encountered problem with installation. I get error 500, removing .htaccess files solves 500 error problem but paths are incorrect (like /install/install/license) so I cannot proceed with installation. After looking closer, I realizaed that for some reason the server cannot parse this line correctly (/install/.htaccess):
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?_p=$1 [QSA,L]
    I am not familiar with this scripting, removing "=" sign causes the installer is running but paths remain incorrect like before, removing QSA causes "access denied". A hosting staff is trying to convince me the problem is with CMS, not their server.

If there is no simple solution for the problem and - since the website I created will consist of just one page - is it possible to get rid of URL remapping/redirecting completly, disable RewritEngine and proceed with installation?

Thank you
    Best regards
    Krzysztof Korpiela
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with with IdeaWebServer; to be honest never heard of it as we always had customers who stick to Apache & nginx servers.
    The main challenge would be to redirect all URLs to index.php?_p=XXX . Not sure how it's done in their software.

If you provide us with the access to your server we can experiment there and try to find a solution. There is very little information on IdeaWebServer :(

Thanks
  3. kkorpiela

kkorpiela New Member

Hello and thank you very much for interest. I sent you required data by conversation module.
  4. saviofernandes

saviofernandes New Member

There is an easy way to install SilverStripe on home.pl. They use IdeaWebServer instead of Apache, so you have to make changes in .htaccess files before uploading them:7Zip

1) .htaccess (located in main folder) - replace:App Lock

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Mini Militia

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.gif)|(.jpg)|(.png)|(.css)|(.js)|(.php)$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sapphire/main.php?url=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} index..* [NC]
    RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=/ [L]
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018