Installation Instructions/Procedure

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by lexscripta, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

Can you folks tell me where the install instructions/procedures are located?

I have downloaded the software, but cannot find such answers as what directory structure is to be used, mySql database config, etc.

Do I just ftp everything to the directory and then run the index.php file in the install directory?

Thanks - really looking forward to putting the software through its paces!

LexScripta

k9Articles.com
  2. admin

admin Guest

Hi and welcome to our support forums
    Installation is very easy. Here are some basic steps you should make to complete installation process:

1. Download the script
    2. Unpack it and upload all files and directories from upload_* directory to your server (you may unpack it on your server)
    3. Create database and grant all privileges to your user
    4. Run web installer for xooArticles (yourdomain.com/install/)
    5. Follow the instructions

That's all. Please let us know if you have any problems
  3. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

I have the home page working, but cannot get into admin. I go here: mydomain.com/admin/index.php And get errors:

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/markrp/k9articles.com/tmp/log.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/markrp/k9articles.com/admin/init.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/markrp/k9articles.com/admin/init.php:36) in /hsphere/local/home/markrp/k9articles.com/admin/init.php on line 66
  4. admin

admin Guest

please create that file in your tmp directory. And set writable permissions for it
  5. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

You didn't specify a file name. I assume you meant the init.php file? I did that and no change. Errors the same.

Furthermore, you said "create" a file, not copy. So, without further info, I assumed an empty file with the name init.php. When that didn't work - I copied the init.php file from the admin directory to the tmp directory, setting the appropriate permissions - that didn't work either...

A complete un-install and re-installation of the script did not solve the problem either.

Lexscripta
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  6. admin

admin Guest

Ahh, I'm sorry for the confusion. No I mean you should create log.txt in your tmp directory and chmod 777 to that file. It should be a simple text file.
  7. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

It already has a log.txt file with permissions set to 777.
  8. admin

admin Guest

And you still have that problem? That's quite strange

Please PM me your ftp details
  9. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

Did you get that ftp info?

LexScripta
  10. admin

admin Guest

Thanks. Fixed.
  11. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

Ok, thats Grand - Mind sharing what the issue was?

LexScripta
  12. admin

admin Guest

I just commented that line in init.php file. It seems something wrong with path (it duplicates /) that's why the script was unable to find the file.
  13. lexscripta

lexscripta New Member

Interesting.

When the config file was first set up. it asked for the "sub directory". Since it was in the domain root, I answered with a " / " (without the quotes)

I wonder if that was what caused the duplicate " / " problem?

BTW - Thanks for the fast response!

LexScripta
  14. admin

admin Guest

Ahh :) That's the reason. Actually it defines correct values for most fields. You just need to put correct database access and admin information