Installation Instructions

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by admin, Apr 30, 2007.

1. admin

admin Guest

Hi,
    In this thread I will explain in details how to install xooArticles Publishing script on your server.

The process consists of few simple steps. Below you can read them all:

#1. Download xooArticles script
    #2. Unpack it
    #3. Upload it to your server
    #4. Now you should create a database in your hosting Control Panel or using any other available method. Also create any user and grant all privileges to that user on a created database
    #5. Run Web Installer for xooArticles. It's located in install/ directory. Example: you have xooArticles in articles/ directory. So you should run
    yourdomain.com/articles/install/
    #6. Follow installer instructions. During installation you should set writable permissions to some files and directories.
    #7. That's all :)

Let us know if you have any problems during installation
  2. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

Thanks, this is so easy for installation
  3. admin

admin Guest

Yeah, installation is quite easy now. We are planning to make some changes in our config.inc.php file. Now it contains just DB access.
    Anyhow this side of changes will not take effect on web installer. All the changes will be transparent for webmasters
  4. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

an update is soon :) ?

Edited:

I see this message in other topic;
    Cool :)
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  5. admin

admin Guest

well about 2 week till 1.0.04 ;)
  6. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

on 1.0.04, there are the new features or just fixed bugs?
  7. admin

admin Guest

There will be new features like possibility to create polls; rss feeds for your articles, subitems; improved rate functionality, and many more
  8. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

Waow, the super usually features ;)
  9. admin

admin Guest

Yeah, if you have any specific requests our Feature Requests forums are open for your posting. We will try to implement them asap.
  10. stufoster

stufoster New Member

i tried to claim my 'free' script yesterday only to find you have no way of letting me download it without paying.

Whats the deal? if this is a scam, i'll make sure the world knows about it.
  11. admin

admin Guest

Hi stufoster,
    Welcome to our support forums.
    No scam at all. We manually approve domain names you add. Now I have added all the domains that have been added on weekend so you now have a possibility to download the version.
    I'm sorry for inconvenience.
  12. admin

admin Guest

Hi,
    Now you can download our Installation Manual here. It's created for our xooArticles 1.0.04 version but no changes are made to installation script so you may use it for any version you have.

Please post your questions here in case you have them.