Installation Manual

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by admin, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin

admin Guest

Hi all,
    Now you can find our installation manual here:
    http://www.subrion.com/docs/install.html

Now we are preparing both PDF and Online version. The manual needs some editing though it's already detailed enough
  2. TurXaliM

TurXaliM Member

Super explication
  3. admin

admin Guest

Thanks. Do we need pdf format of this installation manual? How do you think?
  4. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

I have just released a new version of our Installation Manual and it's now available in PDF format also.

You can download it here:
    Subrion Installation Manual

Your any comments and notes are greatly appreciated.
  5. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Re: Installation Manual - install your script for me

I want you guys to install the 5 licenses I bought on my 5 websites as promised.
    I got an email from one of you and have been waiting for someone to email to tell me they are ready to install the scripts without further delay.
  6. dstemper

dstemper Member

I think they are on vacation, If you want I can do it for you. Just please don't tell me you're using Godaddy hosting.
  7. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Thank you for offering to do the script installation. I use Webhostingpad and ixwebhosting. Do you charge money for the installation, and how long will it take you? The Subrion guys promised free installation.
  8. Vasily_B.

Welcome to our support forums, Checkthisout!
    Thanks for the purchase. Sure, I can perform installation for you at no cost. Please send us your hosting details and I will do that asap. You can send the details to tech at subrion dot com.
  9. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Thank you Vasily B. I have emailed you details for your installation of the 5 article script licenses on my 5 websites. Please email me when you compete the installation. Thank you again.
  10. dstemper

dstemper Member

I wasn't going to charge you, Subrion always took care of me and since they were in vacation for the holidays I would offer my services.
  11. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Checkthisout, Thanks for the information. We got the installation details and we will install asap.

Thanks David. It's really so kind of you
  12. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Serge/Vasily,
    I had specifically requested you to please install other templates for me, that I do not like the default template but you went ahead and installed the default template. Please, turn to the templates I requested for each of the five domains. I do not want them to look alike. Also, kindly remove your "powered by" and all that on the scripts. I saw something to that effect before I bought the 5 licenses of the script.
  13. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Re: Installation Manual - the script you installed for me

Serge/Vasily B.,
    Thank you again for the installations but your header graphic is still there and I don't known how to replace it with the names of my sites from the admin. When people go to the site, they see your name and logo. I thought you would do that during installation - remove your logo - or at least have somewhere in the admin where a novice like me could easily point, click and insert my own logo and enter my site's name. Your texts and graphics are all over the place. Is this lovely script only for web programming gurus? I like scripts with point, click and edit admin without hassles. I have been struggling since morning to replace your texts with mine. When I try to change "blog" to "press releases", for instance, the "Blog" still shows up in the title header. I couldn't see where to remove your "powered by..." in the language files in the admin. I had also emailed earlier inquiring why the templates I had clearly requested were not installed for me. I do not like the default template, please.
    Thank you in advance for attending to these needs speedily.
  14. dstemper

dstemper Member

Re: Installation Manual - the script you installed for me

Checkthisout,

Are you familiar with using FTP clients? If not, and you are in the US I can explain over the phone.

Basically all you need to do to change the logo is to log into your server via FTP and change the logo.gif within the template folder.

To change BLOG to Press Release, Log into the Subrion admin CP (Control Panel). Go to Language Manager and Search for Text and Phrases. Type in Blog and you can edit it there.

If you need additional help Let me know. I am not Subrion Support but I really love the work they do. They just have weird hours due to their global location :)
  15. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Re: Installation Manual - thank you DSTEMPER for offering to help

Thank you dstemper for being so kind. I will appreciate every help you can give me to get this lovely script working satisfactorily on my 5 websites. Though I know about FTP, I have never used it before. I have bought hundreds of scripts in the last 4 years and they have been installed for me, with the logos, and other things. If I had known I needed to use FTP anywhere on the script, I wouldn't have bought it. Prior to buying the script, I had a live chat with Serge and was told I could point, click and edit from the admin without hassles.
    I hope the Subrion guys will help me at least to turn to the more friendly templates I had asked for as I dislike the default template they installed for me.
    By the way, I have some other third party scripts that need to be installed for me on one of my websites. Can you do that for me? How can I reach you?
  16. dstemper

dstemper Member

You can email me at sales - at - shelbyvillehosting.com If you need me. I am located in the United States.
  17. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Re: Installation Manual -I emailed you, DStemper

Hi DSTEMPER,

I am in the US too, and I have emailed you at the shelbywebhosting email you provided.

Please, reply.

I am still waiting for the Subrion technical team to come to my aid and I am hopeful they will do so.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  18. dstemper

dstemper Member

Check your Private Messages at the top right of the forum.
  19. Checkthisout

Checkthisout New Member

Re: Installation Manual - new Subrion templates

Serge H/Vasily B,.

I am waiting for installation of the new Subrion templates you talked about in your tech email today. I hope you will install the new templates on my 5 sites. Kindly remember to remove your logo and "Powered by Subrion CMS" because I do not know or have the software to remove them. I prefer point, click and add/edit Admin. I hope you will do all the installations today, including installing the .htaccess for the plugins. I am particularly interested in using the Paypal plugin.
    Thank you so much guys for the great work you do. I like your scripts.
  20. Vasily_B.

I have replied to you in the ticket. All these things are done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.