integrating commenting system

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Eleanna, May 3, 2014.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

We have a number of customers who would be happy to go with Subrion CMS, providing we can get a commenting system working in the blog and Publishing package. It is a sadly missing feature that users can't comment on either a blogpost/article, or on comments on the blogpoasts/articles.
    We came across this thing "Commentics" which fits the bill perfectly. It looks simple to integrate, but...
    We followed the integration instructions to the letter, but no joy...
    We installed commentics in it's own directory and then made the directory accessible to Subrion through the htaccess file. and it is accessible. IT does however not show where it is supposed to show, in fact, it does not show at all...
    Just wondering what we are missing here. If anybody has any ideas?
  2. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hi Eleana. Can I help you?
    You can install mgdisqus plugin, the plugin works exactly as you need. Disqus is elegant, is used by Subrion site.
    To install, do the following:

1 - Create an account in the site: http://www.disqus.com

2 - Instal Subrion plugin mgdisqus of your site.

3 - Config Subrion plugin mgdisqus with username account disqus
    2014-05-03_102656.jpg

4 - Config Subrion block mgdisqus from of your blog.
    2014-05-03_102450.jpg

5- Comments Disqus of your site.
    2014-05-03_102834.jpg

* You can add Disqus pages of your site, configure the plugin mgdisqus to show the pages you want to get feedback.
    The End.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  3. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

γεια σου olairmarcos,

yes, disqus is indeed an option, but... one of the people looking for a commenting system is a huge blogger (over 5000 followers who comment regularly). this individual does not want disqua under any circumstances because
    1) you need to set up an account with disqus which most people will not do.
    2) disqus is troll heaven (personal experience)
    3) If you would want to set up a disqus account, then everything is in English. The people we deal with are not English speakers and that alone will for 9 out of 10 make up their minds not to sign up....

We are looking for something very much like the Wrodpress setup. This open source package we found fits the bill to a T. Now to get it working...

Eleanna
  4. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

I will observe the "Commentics" to understand how it works.
  5. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Thank you!
  6. xSterben

xSterben New Member

I have a big problem and i can't solved ... please check the image and tell me how can repair that ..

Thanks you so much.
    [​IMG]
  7. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @xSterben

Welcome to our forums. Have you registered at Disqus and configured your api? Here is the same plugin in action:
    http://www.subrion.org/plugin/mgdisqus.html

You need to create an account, register your website there and once done you should configure your disqus plugin in subrion cms.

Let us know if you need any assistance.

Cheers
  8. xSterben

xSterben New Member

Nothing.. i have Api code and secret key application but i dont know how configure on subrion x.x", same problem...
  9. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings,,

Please create a new ticket in our helpdesk with your Admin Panel details - we will check what's wrong there with the configuration.

Thanks!