Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by Amer31, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Amer31

Amer31 Guest

Hello!

I've been trying to install subrion for my main website but I am running into an internal 500 error whenever I try.

All I have done so far is upload the zip, use SSH to unzip the folder, and then when I locate it on the browser, I get this error.

I can open only the install/index.php and I get an OKAY for installation but soon as I press next, I get the error again.

I created a subdomain for the time being, just to see if I can get this to work.

URL: http://new.footytalk.club/
    Installation URL: http://new.footytalk.club/install/index.php

Please tell me what the problem is. I tried removing the .htaccess file, but that didn't do much good - just gave me a different error. I'm thinking it probably has a forward in there somewhere that installer uses, which is why it won't work without it. But there seems to be a problem with it as well..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

My sugestion...
    1- If the hosting company has Cpanel, install the Subrion through Softaculous. Subrion will install without any problem, in the folder you choose.

OR

2- Using the Cpanel, use the file manager, load the .zip Subrion file and unzip directly to the server, or the folder you choose.
    Create a database, configure the database user and password, access the browser http://your-domain.com/your-folder the installation normally runs.

AND

3- To install on a sub-domain ... Normally install a folder of your choice. Then, in the Cpanel, create the subdomain and set up a redirector link for the folder.

The best option is number 1. Fast and easy
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

First of all please check the web server Error_log file. In this case you will be able to understand what's wrong with the installation. It's not recommended to remove .htaccess as the software will not work without it.
    If possible please send us an email with your FTP details so we could check this issue on your website directly.

Thanks
  4. Amer31

Amer31 Guest

I don't have Cpanel. I had it in my old host, and it installed it automatically perfectly. That's when I decided to do go with Subrion.

However, as far as number 2 option is concerned... That seems easy enough. I should then just edit the 'config' file, put the MySQL database information, and that will complete the installation then?

Honestly, I think, even if I did that, it will not fix the .htaccess issue.

I could not find one that says "Error_log" just "Access_log". I've attached that file for your viewing. I really think the issue is something with .htaccess, file permissions, or something like that.

I would really really like to have subrion working for my website, and I appreciate any and all help.

Attached Files:

5. Amer31

Amer31 Guest

I sent you a PM (started a conversation) with the information you requested.
  6. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager