Location issue and zip code

Discussion in 'Real Estate Classifieds Script' started by johnp2016, Aug 26, 2015.

1. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Support,

I want to use the Real Estate classifieds script for Canada. It needs a postal code, but I see you have the zip code:

I have imported the data for Canada already, but I found that although the Canadian provinces real_estate_footer_states block, but when adding a listing to a province, it does not properly show the town and cities.

How can I resolve the the two issues: 1) Zip code vs Postal Code 2) Importing of location Canada does not import all town and cities, seems to be stuck at the at town and cities with the letter K
  2. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hi @johnp2016 ,

1) If you want to have the 'Postal Code' instead of the 'Zip Code' then you just need to change the Title of this listing field in the Subrion Admin Panel -> Real Estate -> Listing Fields -> check (tick) the field with Title = 'Zip Code' -> click on Edit button -> change the value of 'Title' field from 'ZIP Code' to 'Postal Code' -> click on 'Save' button. Please look at attached screenshot file to better understand this process: Postal Code instead of Zip Code.png
    2) I've checked our dump with Canadian locations for the Real Estate package and you're right, there are only towns and cities to the letter K.
    Thanks for this report. I've added the ticket to our ToDo list and it bug be fixed in the next version of the Real Estate package. You can track this ticket here: http://dev.subrion.org/issues/2221

Thanks for choosing our software products!

Attached Files:

3. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the next version of Real Estate package for Canadian locations,just wondering how long does that normally take?

Thanks,
  4. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Greetings @johnp2016 ,

We'll try to fix the issue related to Canadian locations next week. I'll let you know once it will be done.

Thanks!
  5. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew,

Just wondering how this is coming along?

Thanks,

John
  6. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @johnp2016 ,

We haven't fixed the issue related to Canadian locations this week. But I'll personally start to do it on Tuesday of the next week and I'll let you know once the locations dump file will be ready.

Thanks for your interest in our software products!
  7. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, any updates on this. I'm waiting for the location dump so I can start on my site.

Thanks,

John
  8. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew,

I haven't heard anything from you yet.

How is the Canadian locations dump coming along?

Thanks,

John
  9. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew,

I haven't heard from you regarding this matter. I think more than adequate time has been given for a follow-up response.

One of the reasons why I bought Real Estate package from you Subrion is that I'm hoping to get support when issues arise.

In addition, I even submitted a support ticket as well as have not heard back too from that avenue.

Will there be support or not?

Thanks,

John
  10. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hi @johnp2016 ,

I've almost finished the Canadian locations dump preparations. Once it will be ready I'll send it to you.
  11. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Canadian locations dump is ready (and attached to this reply) for RE package.

Instructions on how to import them:
    1) log into your Subrion Admin Panel
    2) go to System -> DataBase -> Import
    3) click on 'Browse' button near 'Please choose a file to be imported' phrase and upload Canada.sql file
    4) click on 'Go' button

Please look at attached screenshot to better understand how to do it.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Dayir_A. likes this.
  12. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Thanks Andrew. I guess this dump is available for the latest version, isn't it? If not please make sure it's working fine with the latest version.

I guess @johnp2016 would be happy to use the latest version we've released today. Thanks!
  13. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Andrew and Vasily,

Thank you for responding and making the necessary updates. I've regained my confidence in your services again.

And now I can now continue with my projects.

Look forward to my continued patronage.

Cheers,
  14. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

My apologizes for the delay with that. Anyhow, the new version is really cool so it's better to start working on project using the latest version. It's responsive, has cool improvements including new responsive template and filters.

You can count on any sort of assistance. Good luck with the project.

Cheers
  15. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi Vasily,

Thanks.

Also as I was working on my project, I noticed the Canadian data dump has the minor province
    • Brinish Columbia
    It should actually be 'British Columbia'. It is a 't' not 'n' in 'British' for future updates.

Thanks,
  16. Andrew_G.

Andrew_G. Staff Member

Hello @johnp2016 ,

Thanks for your report. We've fixed this mistype in the Canadian locations dump and it will be included to the next version of the RE package (4.0.1).

Please let us know if you find any new or unknown bugs.
  17. johnp2016

johnp2016 New Member

Hi,

Can you assist?

I just downloaded the latest version of your CMS 4.1.1 and Realty Script version 4.0.1 and I don't see the Realty template. There are only the 6 installed templates.
    See attached files.

Attached Files: