Login Problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by olusambal, Jul 23, 2015.

1. olusambal

olusambal New Member

Hello All,
    My site suddenly developed login problem. When members login it time out immediately. What should I do now, its urgent.

Someone respond please.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

Hello Olus,
    What version of the script do you use?
  3. olusambal

olusambal New Member

I am using version 2.2.4. Everything has been fine until this morning. I have reported to my hosting providers - Godaddy. I need help in solving this quick.
  4. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

Can you please submit this to our helpdesk? We will take care promptly.
  5. olusambal

olusambal New Member

I have submitted this problem to subrion helpdesk.
  6. olusambal

olusambal New Member

I have found the problem is from Godaddy server - hosting provider. Issue is now resolved.
  7. Janur_J.

Janur_J. Staff Member

8. olusambal

olusambal New Member

This issue was not resolved as I thought. It happens that by 11 noon (GMT time) the site will be working properly, but after about three hours the problem returns and stay till the next 11 noon. I am using a shared hosting server and I do not know where the problem came from. Members cannot login.

I think it has to do with session, so I went to FTP root folder and located system.php and saw on line 82:

session_start();

I inserted the following code before line 82 and everything is working for now:

ini_set('session.save_path',realpath(dirname($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) . '/../session'));
    session_start();
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Olus,

Thanks for sharing the steps to fix the issue. The new version has a code, that checks for session save path permissions and if there are any issues it sets the new path.
    So I suppose it's more a specific issue for your server mainly. Anyhow, thanks again for sharing your actions here.