Magento Commerce Bridge?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wayne G., Jul 14, 2008.

1. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Greetings and welcome to our support forums

I have just downloaded their script and I will investigate if we can make a neat integration. Though I'm not sure this could be easily done if they have a different template engine. Will IFRAME integration satisfy you?
  3. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Hi Vasily:
    Thanks for the welcome. I was in hopes that it would be a more versatile integration than just iFrame. Let us know if the Magento template will integrate well into Subrion once you have had a chance to look it over.

Thanks,

Wayne G.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  4. Vasily_B.

sure Wayne, I will keep you updated. BTW, are using that software now? I just wonder if we should check for a specific version or simply use the latest one.. It's possible they have a lot of changes in their structure.. Though I'm not sure
  5. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Hi Vasily:
    I do not currently use Magento Commerce. I want to integrate a shopping cart into Subrion and it appears to be a good one. I like that you can have multiple sites all use one database for shopping.

Thanks,

Wayne
  6. dstemper

dstemper Member

Magento is VERY proprietary and it forces you to build plugins that install from WITH the magento system instead of "pluging" into it from the outside. I have used the store is it very difficult to use if you have multiple option items like color and size. It forces you to make each item over and over. It is very user -unfriendly.
  7. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Hi dstemper:
    Thanks for your input. Is there an ecommerce application that you would suggest for integration with Subrion? osCommerce? Others?

Wayne G.
  8. dstemper

dstemper Member

Actually no I don't know of a real general embedded way of doing this, How many products are you planning of selling? Magento is for a large scale store, OScommerce is ok, but there are security issues with their system. Joomla VirtueMart has improved quite a bit.
  9. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

I have heard the same security issues about osCommerce. Joomla stands alone and prevents use with Subrion. But I do like the Joomla checkout process. It seems that a good cart integration would be a very desireable feature for Subrion. If anyone has any other suggestions as an integrated solution please suggest it here.
  10. dstemper

dstemper Member

Wayne,

The most important thought is, How many products do you have? IF it is less than 20, then you can build a simple system within subrion. If it requires more, then it would be best to use a seperate system that requires users to create an additional account and just link directly from the site. If you PM with how you have your site now I can give you some ideas, but if you highly integrate something and 1 thing goes wrong, damn dude you could get screwed.
  11. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

Hi dstemper:
    This is for a site in planning, not one currently up. I want to have multiple Subrion domains with one cart that is accessable by multiple merchants. The multiple sites would be a "mall" with each merchant having access to only his orders. There would be a large quantity of SKUs.

I prefer that the cart be under the root of each domain and not a redirect offsite. It would be really great if it allowed each mercahnt to create and manage his own inventory. Subrion is great about allowing managed data entry, it just doesn't go into a shopping cart.

Wayne G.
  12. dstemper

dstemper Member

Ok so basically these are several stores within one ecommerce package. magento would work for that, but why subrion? It would be easier to integrate a simple article system within magento instead of building around subrion.
  13. Wayne_G.

Wayne_G. New Member

I thought of Subrion because I like having content built by users. Would you be able to receive/review/approve articles and links from users the way that you are suggesting?
  14. nicedip3

nicedip3 New Member

Is there any shopping cart that is suggested to be used with Subrion?
  15. Vasily_B.

Welcome to our support forums!

Hmm, by default we don't have any shopping carts integrated in subrion. But if you decide to use any - we will gladly help with the integration. No problem with this.
  16. zeescripts

zeescripts New Member

So nice of you Vasily.
    OPENCART would be a very good solution, just a login bridge would do, we will install it under subfolder/subdomain like site.com/store .
    Any help / integration plugin / code changes would be appreciated.
  17. Vasily_B.

Got it. Thanks for your suggestion zeescripts

We will check if this could be done. Currently we are a bit overloaded with the custom work, we will get back to this issue later.