Moving installation

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by Eleanna, May 31, 2014.

1. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Hi,

THIS IS URGENT, ANYBODY PLEASE!

We constructed a seriously big real estate site to replace an existing site. In order not to interrupt the business, the new site was consturcted on a temporary URL. Now all is ready, and we are changing the NS servers to point this new site at the proper domain name instead of the temporary one.
    I know I need to make some changes to the new Subrion setup in order to complete the process, but can't for the life of me find the instructions Alex gave me, so we are stuck. If ANYBODY out there knows what these changes are, PLEASE let me know ASAP.

thanks
    Eleanna
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

3. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Hi Greg, thanks for this. No, this is not what we need. We are not moving from one server to another, we are changing the domain URL from the temporary URL. the temporary URL where we built the site was
    minoan-properties.com.mocha3013.mochahost.com. Changing the NS servers will now activate the proper URL which is www.minoan-properties.com. IT has actually already changed over, but... This needs some changes in the Subrion set-up, where we are currently getting a 403 error (You do not have permissions to access this page) on the home page and 404 errors on the property pages. Alex mentioned something about changes in the db, but I can't find the email... I assume the page links are pointing to the wrong URL, don't know what is causing the 403 on the homepage.
  4. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Still waiting.... Left emails, questions... no answers. I have changed the URL in the config table to the new domain, but no joy. Still getting 403 and 404 errors, and the htaccess looks rather strange. Is there anybody out there????
  5. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello @Eleanna,
    Sorry for the waiting. The problem is fixed, please check it.
  6. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Hi Alex,

Ian send you an email about 30 min ago regarding this. He has suddenly had to go back to Ireland and will not be around for a few days at least. Please let me know what you think asap.

Eleanna
  7. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi Eleanna,

Working with you via ticket system. Thanks for your patience.