My home page is displayed as "Error 404"

Discussion in 'Installation & Upgrades' started by mp.srmatos, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mp.srmatos

mp.srmatos New Member

My home page and other pages of the system itself or plugins (registration, contact, etc.) are displayed as "Error 404". How to solve? This problem occurs in both version 3.1.8 and in 3.2.7, on my server.
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi,

There could be several possible solutions for this:
    1. Make sure you have correct .htaccess file in your subrion root folder, that comes with our software. Sometimes, .htaccess file is hidden on some system, so people copy the files without .htaccess
    2. Make sure you have mod_rewrite on your server
    3. It two points above are correct we need to add RewriteBase directive in your .htaccess file. If you install it in a subdirectory your directive should be RewriteBase /subdirectory , it would be RewriteBase / for root installation. It should be placed under RewriteEngine Off in your script root .htaccess file.

If you still have any problems - we would need your hosting ftp to investigate the issue.

Cheers
  3. mp.srmatos

mp.srmatos New Member

Vasily_B., I made the suggested changes, but it still fails. I am also unable to make changes to the Admin Panel (Dashboard), the following message occurs: "Request treated as potential CSRF attack.". I have the Subrion script installed in three subfolders on my website (genitivo.com/site, genitivo.com/!revista/site, genitivo.com/!revisores/site), and the error 404 occurs on the inside pages (home, login, contact us etc.). I will pass on to you FTP credentials via private message, all right?
  4. Vasily_B.

Hi,

Yes, I will try to check the issue once I get the correct login details. Thanks!
  5. jesus.christ

jesus.christ New Member

Did you guys ever straighten this out? I have the self same problem
  6. Vasily_B.

Hi @jesus.christ,

This sounds like a private reason related to the server setup. Just create a new ticket in our helpdesk and we will assist. We might need your FTP access to Subrion files.

Thanks
  7. lass1976

lass1976 New Member

I have almost the same problems, I want to create an exam System in directory but it returns to me 404 error . for example https://www.campusfrance.tn/exams ( other script )
    Know that subrion is installed on root not in subdirectory. thanks in advance.
  8. Vasily_B.

Hi @lass1976

You can easily fix this. Just create a new .htaccess file in your exams directory and put this content inside:
    RewriteEngine Off

That's it. You will have access to the content inside.

Good luck!
    lass1976 likes this.
  9. lass1976

lass1976 New Member

Thank you so much.
  10. Vasily_B.