MyRecipe Package - Screen shots - Work in progress

Discussion in 'Third Party Packages' started by wazza, Jan 7, 2013.

1. wazza

wazza Member

Hi All,
    Just thought i would throw up some scree shots of the Recipes Package i have been working on.

Still some work to go but would like to know if any features etc that would that you guys would like to see added?

Anyways heres the first screenshot. Front end list view.

[​IMG]

Ill add images as i add features. Already working on a recipes box and recipe import script.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Wow, looks great! Please keep us updated!
  3. ZuBeer

ZuBeer New Member

:eek::eek::eek:
    Very nice. Well done, congratulations
  4. scanreg

scanreg New Member

+1

very nice!
  5. ModsGuru

ModsGuru New Member

Congratulations, wazza! You are doing great..

I've added ingredients field in the same package of mine.
  6. wazza

wazza Member

Thanks guys,

Ill hopefully have a demo ready soon.
    At the moment i am working on a recipe box feature and have just finished making it all hrecipe compliant. So images will now show in google search results.

One thing i do need to do is add multiple dropdown fields for the ingredients and measurements tables.

I think this needs to be done in the core though. Will have to look abit futher into that when the time comes.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. wazza

wazza Member

Heres a screenshot of how the recipes appear in goole search results.

Still need to work on friendly urls. Rating and reviews system.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  8. wazza

wazza Member

Recipe Details Page

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Vasily_B.

Well done!

Do you want to have your own rating & reviews system in it? Generally we are going to implement google rich snippets in our plugins soon!
  10. wazza

wazza Member

Not to sure about that yet. I may just leave it and have the reviews and ratings plugins do the work.
  11. Vasily_B.

Ok, we would really recommend to go on with native subrion reviews / comments plugins to avoid possible confusion. It's possible you might be involved in the plugin development if you want to extra features for it.
  12. wazza

wazza Member

Ill take a look at the plugins and see what i can do to incorporate them.
    Ill post back here shortly.

Regards,
    Quentin
  13. Vasily_B.

Sure, don't hesitate to ask in case you need any assistance with the plugins configuration.

Thanks
  14. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Hi wazza

Nice work. Thinking I should get more involved with Subrion. It's been awhile. :(
  15. Vasily_B.

Yes, you def need to check our core project ;) We made a huge leap in the development, architecture, scalability, and feature set in this project.

Let me know if you need any packages, you'll get them!
  16. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Greg,

Thank you. Good to see you on the subrion forums. Would be great to see you here more. You helped me out a lot with Esyndicat and im sure users here would appreciate your presence.

Vasily has been doing a great job. Very precise answers to sometimes silly questions. It just seems he is the only presence on the forums when it comes to answering questions related to package/plugin development.

Regards,
    Quentin
  17. Vasily_B.

Quentin, I'm not the only one :) We also have Janur, Alex, & Gleb. I try to reply myself in most cases as they are too overloaded with the version / packages development.

Please always ask if you have questions. We are really interested in having 3rd party developers for the core and you can count on a top notch priority from the support team if they are not overloaded with the custom modifications.

Hope to see your package soon, meanwhile I'm working on the subrion.com account area for the members to release packages ;)
  18. wazza

wazza Member

Hi Vasily,

Just installed both comments and reviews plugins. Are they meant to work out of the box? as install of reviews throws.

I havn`t actually looked at any of the code yet.
    I will take a look after i finish working on my import script.

Regards,
    Quentin
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  19. wazza

wazza Member

I understand the guys are busy with development. And this is great. All i was meaning is that most of the questions have been answered by you :D

Best Regards,
    Quentin
  20. Vasily_B.

Hi Quentin,

Yes, there are few issues with the reviews plugin. We have reports in our issue tracker, Eugene will check the files tomorrow.

Thanks!