New FREE template — Simpla!

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Templates' started by Gleb S., Oct 18, 2013.

1. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

2. R7Media

R7Media New Member

Looks good! Is it also bootstrap template?
  3. Gleb_S.

Hi @R7Media!
    Yes, it is based on Bootstrap 2.3.2 with FontAwesome for icons.
  4. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Really like this one!
  5. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @R7Media

Yes, all our templates are only bootstrap based in 3.x versions of software ) That's the reason why we re-factored the templates structure of the software - to create an easier way to create new templates
  6. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Can someone show me how to convert the 3 column layout (4 Article Script) to look like Simpla Autos?
    I tried to do it myself but, I failed. :( simpla-auto.jpg
  7. Gleb_S.

Hi @Greg !

You need to modify layout.tpl like this:
    Code (Text):
    <div class="row-fluid">

<div class="{width section='content' position='left' movable=true}">
                            {ia_blocks block='left'}
                        </div>

<div class="{width section='content' position='center' movable=true}">
                            <div class="content-wrap">

{ia_blocks block='top'}

<h1 class="page-header">{$pageTitle}</h1>

{ia_hooker name='smartyFrontBeforeNotifications'}
                                {include file='notification.tpl'}

{ia_hooker name='smartyFrontBeforeMainContent'}

{$_content_}

{ia_hooker name='smartyFrontAfterMainContent'}

{ia_blocks block='bottom'}

{if isset($iaBlocks.user1) || isset($iaBlocks.user2)}
                                    <div class="row-fluid">
                                        <div class="{width section='user-blocks' position='user1' movable=true}">{ia_blocks block='user1'}</div>
                                        <div class="{width section='user-blocks' position='user2' movable=true}">{ia_blocks block='user2'}</div>
                                    </div>
                                {/if}
                            </div>
                        </div>

<div class="{width section='content' position='right' movable=true}">
                            {ia_blocks block='right'}
                        </div>
    </div>
    Here we moved left column from lines 145-147 to line 118.
  8. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Thanks Gleb.
  9. Gleb_S.

You are always welcome!
  10. bikini_browser

bikini_browser New Member

Gleb:

Your visitors might want to see what we did with your Simpla Template. We used it and some of the plugins and some of your help to build this site for business use at: http://neoideas.com

Your 3.1.2 version of the CMS software is lacking a WYSIWYG editor for the easy creation of forms so we used a product (you have to pay $99.00 for) at http://www.formtools.org. This tool allowed us to use an iFrame and embed the formtools form into the page so it looks just like it belongs to the template. (Look under "Quotes" and "Contact us" on the main menu or here:
    http://neoideas.com/quotes.php).

Then we used a website called http://html5maker.com where you can create and store one graphic for free (per email account). We created the huge HTML5 logo you see on our site.

The only pending and serious issue is that the site looks very poor on Mobile devices, like iPad's and iPods and even my Samsung Galaxy Note (with the Jelly Bean OS, --> version 4.1.2). The controls for the slider plugin show up under the images or they show up all garbled up, or all the images show up at the same time from top to bottom on the device.

I wish there was a way we could embed HTML5 code into something like a layout.tpl file for the slider so that the images would show up better on Mobile devices. Can you help with this problem?

And/or do you have an html5 template coming out soon?

Please advise....

Dale
  11. Gleb_S.

Dale, great work done for your new site! As a side note, I was unable to see the footer copyright notice. Please review our license agreement. It states you may not remove the copyright link from the pages, if you don't have any packages for it. You can purchase that as a separate product though (costs $50).

About our templates:
    all our templates are HTML5 and they look good on mobile devices. Slider plugin is not responsive by default so it breaks layout. Also, there are bottom banners on your website that are breaking layout on mobile devices.

And yes, we are planning on releasing ton of HTML5&CSS3 templates in future.

Thanks!
  12. bikini_browser

Hey Gleb....

Quoting you... "...Slider plugin is not responsive by default so it breaks layout." How do you make the slider plugin "RESPONSIVE" or how do you make it all work like we want it to or like it is supposed to?

And regarding the bottom banners.... I believe they are flash banners versus HTML5 banners. Do they need to be HTML5 in order for this all to work like we want it to?

Please give me step by step instructions on how to get our site to be HTML5 complaint.

And: please tell me how to put the copyright back. I was angry at Vasily for banning me from chat so I removed it.

Dale
  13. bikini_browser

Gleb:

Maybe I found an easier solution to the HTML5 Slider issue.. Would you look at this page/site and tell me how to get their slider coding to work in the Subrion CMS (The latest version)? http://wowslider.com ?

It says we have to insert their code into our index.html file but I already know that won't work for us because your CMS uses a complicated System.php file with the .htaccess file. So how or where do we insert their code to get their slider to work on our CMS?

Please advise...

Dale
  14. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

layout.tpl file
    Lines 165 - 172
    Code (Text):
                    <div class="row-fluid">
                        <div class="span8">
                            {ia_blocks block='copyright'}
                        </div>
                        <div class="span4">
                            <p class="copyright">&copy; {$smarty.server.REQUEST_TIME|date_format:'%Y'} {lang key='powered_by_subrion'}

</p>
                        </div>
                    </div>
  15. Gleb_S.

Dale, please review this thread about Responsive Ads: http://www.subrion.com/forums/threads/google-adsense-responsive-ads.1481/#post-6266

About Slider: just add its code to layout.tpl file in your Simpla template. I think right before TOP position.

This is a tough question. I think you should read some tutorials on this or read documentation here: http://www.w3.org

BTW: If you want to edit something in template, use layout.tpl file.
  16. bikini_browser

thanks for responding in the same day Gleb...

Gleb: How can we make YOUR slider HTML5 compliant? I Found out that the earlier mentioned WOWSlider, cost 100.00 for commercial use so please advise me how to use yours so Mobile devices can view it without issues...

Dale
  17. bikini_browser

Hello Gleb:

How do you get the User1 and User2 blocks to show up on Pages we create?

Or Maybe I should first ask, what are the User1 and User2 blocks used for?

And if they are just standard blocks that you can put anywhere, how do you put them on one page but not the other?

And how can you create more of those kind of blocks? How can you clone or copy those blocks and make a User3 and User4 and so on?

Please advise....

Dale
  18. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Hi Dale

Maybe I can help out here.

Go to Dashboard
    Click on edit Blocks
    Find the block you wish to edit (click on the pencil looking thingy)
    Then go to "Visible on pages"
    From there you can choose which pages you want that block to appear
    Take a look here:
    http://dev.subrion.com/projects/subrion-cms/wiki/AddBlockPositions
    Vasily B. likes this.
  19. Gleb_S.

Hi Dale!

Please read Greg's answer — it is comprehensive.

PS. Thank you very much Greg!