New Install, Can not edit blocks

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by MCoffman, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MCoffman

MCoffman New Member

Hello, I just found this CMS and am testing for use of the Auto Package. After I installed the script, I am not able to edit the text, photos, etc in any blocks. I have no problem editing many other parts of the system.

2 quick questions,
    1) where are the page / block content stored, Database or file, and where within the db or folders?

2) I am seeing discussions on changing templates causes content to be lost, is the site data stored within a template structure?
  2. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Welcome aboard.

Could you please clarify what blocks you're talking about? Please make sure your MySQL does not operate in STRICT mode as we used to have similar issues, related to an incorrect mode for mysql.

1. Pages/Blocks content is stored in MySQL tables. Check pages,blocks tables. If they are multilingual they can keep their content in phrases, which use language table.
    2. If you don't use blocks created with a template, and create a new block - it won't be deleted. So it might be a good idea to create a clone of a block and use it instead of the default one that comes wih the version.

Thanks