News Plugin

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by Exitilus, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

I've been looking at possibly altering the News Plugin, so I can give permissions to Moderators to post news instead of just the Administrator account.

How are permissions handled in Subrion? I've been looking trying to identify the code in the PHP files that check if a usergroup has access or not but I've had issues finding it.

Any information would be helpful :)
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hello!

If you go to Admin Panel -> Usergroups and click Permissions icon next to Moderators group you will see the page where you can set permissions.
    Open Admin Panel Pages tab, set "Allow Access To Admin Panel" to "YES", expand "Plugins" box. There you will see options to set permissions for news plugin's pages.
  3. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

I've set that permission, unfortunately it seems that it only lets you "view" the news. You cannot add or edit. So I was trying to find out how permissions are made in the coding to give that permission to moderators.
  4. Chaffinch

Chaffinch Member

Try to set here:Inthe Manage Members or Usergroups
    Click the icon http://demos.subrion.com/publishing/admin/templates/default/img/icons/lock_category.png

Admin Panel>>Members>>Permissions
    Regards
    Bogdan
  5. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

6. Gleb_S.

Allow to view "Manage News" - means allow to view/add/edit news in admin area.
    When you "Allow Access To Admin Panel" for some usergroup you allow them to view all admin pages and edit/add items. You can disallow viewing all the pages except News plugin's one to allow them only manage news.
  7. Exitilus

Exitilus New Member

Ok. So looks like I may have found a bug. Because even though it is set, it does not appear to work. Should I open a helpdesk ticket ?
  8. Gleb_S.

Yes, please create a ticket. We will fix the problem immediately.
    Thank you!
  9. abiosson

abiosson New Member

Can any one help in solving the problem with news not display on the news page
  10. Vasily_B.

Vasily_B. Project Manager

Hi @abiosson,

Please check the new version of the plugin we released yesterday. Here it is: News Plugin
    It's adapted for Subrion 3.0 version and has some minor improvements. You should not have any problems with the latest version.

Thanks!