Pay page

Discussion in 'Subrion Open Source CMS Core' started by ricmetal, May 4, 2018.

1. ricmetal

ricmetal New Member

is showing "testimonials" and "blog".

possible to get an update to disallow showing these plugins, some time soon?
    the newsletter page is also showing "blog" without a way to disable it.

there's a few edits need to be made to the cms to include all these plugins' locations, it seems. im new to the cms.
    ill look into the code and work this out but any help with this would be appreciated.
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @ricmetal,

You can disable a plugin in admin panel -> Extensions -> Plugins -> Click on context menu button on the plugin you want to disable -> click Deactivate button

upload_2018-5-7_9-24-35.png

Thanks.
  3. ricmetal

ricmetal New Member

no no, i din't want to deactivate it
    the issue is that Blog and Testimonials blocks where showing up in the Pay Page when i specifically set them up to show only on their respective pages (Blog page and Testimonials page).
    but i did a re-install of the cms and they dont show anymore.
    ill post if i know how that happened.
    cheers.
  4. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Blocks can be edited in admin panel -> Content -> Blocks -> and edit the desired block by clicking on pen icon near it in grid list.
    Then in edit page you can specify in what pages you want to show that block.

upload_2018-5-9_17-21-50.png

Blog plugin has few blocks, so you probably made them visible on Pay page.

Thanks.
  5. ricmetal

ricmetal New Member

right.
    i know i can hide/show blocks, but it should be explicit somewhere on the edit block page that using "visible everywhere" as true and selecting the pages where the block will be "explicitly hidden" will not hide the blocks in all pages, and that the preferred method to ensure blocks only show on pages we want is to indeed use "visible everywhere" as false and explicitly select the pages we want to show the block.
    i think for this is a piece of info that would help understand the cms for newcomers, without having to trial and error our way through the cms.
    just my 2 cents!
    thanks though.
    Last edited: May 10, 2018