Personal Blog 4.0.2 - does not display Tags

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by js.mobil123, Sep 29, 2016.

1. js.mobil123

js.mobil123 New Member

I made a new blog entry and entered tags. All information entered is saved properly.
    However on the front-end the tags are not shown. On the standard blog page it says: no tags added. on the single page nothing but Tags:
    This is Subrion Core 4.0.5.10 with Personal Blog 4.0.2

upload_2016-9-29_19-1-48.png
  2. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

3. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Andrew_G. likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

@Dayir_A.

Hi

When that fix comes, will that also fix the Tag Cloud bug?

Thanks
  5. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @Greg,

Yes. There was a conflict with variable names, both plugins had variable $tags available, I just renamed it to $blog_tags and didn't change anything in TagCloud plugin.

Thanks.
  6. js.mobil123

js.mobil123 New Member

Thank you Dayir, what you mentioned is true. I deinstalled Tagcloud Plugin - and it is working now.
    In that case it is a minor bug. Should be easy to fix, they way you suggested.
  7. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

You are welcome. I guess the new version of Personal Blog plugin will be released once Subrion CMS 4.1.0 is released.
    Then you'll be able to upgrade it.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  8. Greg

Greg Super Moderator

Hi guys
    Can I do this somewhat fix now? I really don't understand about changing the variable names. o_O

Will we still have to wait for 4.1 to be released until this works? Also, if we will have to wait, will I be able to add tagss after 4.1 is released to older Articles/Blog ..etc that have been already posted?

Thanks ;)
  9. Dayir_A.

Dayir_A. Staff Member

Hello @Greg,

Yes, sure. All changes were done only in Personal Blog plugin. Here's the commit that fixes the issue.

Yes. No changes were done to the database i.e. structure of the plugins haven't been changed.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Andrew_G. likes this.