Plugin Slider

Discussion in 'Subrion CMS Plugins Discussion' started by olairmarcos, Dec 4, 2013.

1. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hello, Is it possible to update the slider plugin to version 3.1.0 of subrion? I need this plugin to put on the site. Thank you very much.
  2. Gleb_S.

Gleb_S. Subrion Designer Staff Member

Hi @olairmarcos !

We are working on plugins for 3.1.x version. Estimated time for Slider plugin is about 2 weeks.
  3. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Ok. Thank Gleb.
  4. Gleb_S.

Vasily B. likes this.
  5. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Merry Christmas to all.
    I was very happy to see the updated and new features plugin. I performed the installation as usual but the plugin does not work properly.
    By uploading a jpg image through the control panel has a white screen and does not save the image in the uploads folder of the site.
    We tried various ways and settings in the control panel but did not succeed.
    When loading the image via the control panel is shown a white screen and does not finish the charging process image.

Subrion 3.1.1
    Uploads folder 777

Thank you for your help.
  6. Gleb_S.

@olairmarcos sorry for the inconvenience. I've been testing the plugin for the new non-released version and totally forgot about 3.1.1 version.

For all those who are using 3.1.0 or 3.1.1 vesrions, you have to make this change in order to make the slider plugin work:

Open [subrion_folder]/plugins/slider/admin/index.php file, find this line:

PHP:

iaUtil::loadUTF8Functions('ascii', 'validation', 'bad', 'utf8_to_ascii');

Replace it with this code:

PHP:

if (!defined('IA_NOUTF'))
    {
        iaUTF8::loadUTF8Core();
        iaUTF8::loadUTF8Util('ascii', 'validation', 'bad', 'utf8_to_ascii');
    }

Save the changes.
    That should fix the problem
  7. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Hello Alex,
    Many thanks for the help, is now correctly loading the images through the slider control panel.

By testing all the options and types of effects, realize that some effects when selected, the images are not shown in front of the website.

See our analysis.

Slider direction: up = slide images do not appear on the site
    Slider direction: down = the slide images do not appear on the site

Another strange situation:
    When we reload the site page (ctrl + F5) sometimes the slider images are not shown on the site, but clicking on the site logo images are loaded normally.
    2013-12-26_144601.jpg

Sometimes the images are loaded slide partially.

Sometimes not save order number in the panel control of the slide.
    2013-12-27_003815.jpg

Thanks for the help

Subrion 3.1.1
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  8. Gleb_S.

@olairmarcos

Try to disable "Responsive" option, that should fix the problem temporary. We will improve the responsive feature in our next version of the plugin.

Please make sure that the images you upload do fit the width and height of the slider. Also the uploaded images have to have the same height and width.

We will investigate and fix the problem in the next version as well. We will release it in January.
  9. olairmarcos

olairmarcos Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I will wait for the new version of the plugin Slide. Good job.
  10. gianluca

gianluca New Member

Hi

I have serious problems with the plug slider

I first installed the 3.5 and then 3.4

these problems are

images that load testing in all the ways I can never see them at the center of the screen.

If you use Chrome you can not see anything while if you use explorer

I tried in many ways to try and make it work but the problem is the ratio of the images, I can not center the image.

What's going on?
  11. Gleb_S.

Hello!

Could you please submit a ticket to our helpdesk? Please attach your site URL and Admin Panel details. We will investigate the problem.
  12. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

I have a hotel customer who wants to show the different grades of rooms (standard, luxury, suite) in sliders. She wants a separate page detailing each grade of room, with a slider on the page. This means 3 sliders on the site, each with a different content. The site already has a slider in it from the template in use (Navi). She also wants the room-sliders to appear in the top position on each of the 3 pages. So, I can create a new block for each page, make it appear in the required position, but how do I get the different sliders in there? I assume I could copy the "slider-simple.tpl", give it a different name for each room. But how do I get the correct slider to show on the designated page? Again, I assume I will need to adapt this
    {include file="slider-{$config.navi_slider}.tpl"}
    to show the appropriate slider on the respective pages, but how? Or am I missing the ball completely?
    The new sliders will, for argument sake, be called slider-standard.tpl, slider-luxury.tpl, and slider-suite.tpl
  13. Gleb_S.

Hi @Eleanna !

To achieve this, you need to:
    1. Create new smarty block (you already did this. just be sure that type of block is 'smarty'). Content of this block should be:
    {include file="slider-standard.tpl"}
    2. Create new slider-standard.tpl file inside Navi template (root/templates/navi).
    3. Edit this file per your needs.
    4. Do the same for all other sliders.

Hope this helps! Thanks!
  14. Eleanna

Eleanna Member

Brilliant, thanks. If I run into trouble, I'll be back :)